Champions League - 2022/23

Who will be champions of Europe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Short memory..
Perfectly good memory. The Porto gesture was fantastic. We should be able to get one planeload to Spain / Denmark; it would almost certainly not make the club any money but would be a drop in the ocean relatively speaking. With a revenue in excess of half a BILLION we should have laid at least one flight on per game.

A bit over the top. Unless you are expecting the club to provide it for free, then the amount it would cost supporters would be in excess of the cost of you organising it yourself. On that basis it would be difficult to fill a plane (and for Seville it is difficult enough given the short notice).

For reference, Sport Options are offering a day trip for Hearts fans to go to Riga and that is £472.
It could be done, were the club prepared to lose £ on it and, given a revenue last year which was north of 600 million, I think it could and should be done. One plane, per game. Cost 60-80k approx per flight to the club. Relatively peanuts.

A few posters appear to have got decent cheap deals albeit with ridiculously early flights from obscure airports, and ultimately more time spent in a car or train than the actual flight to Seville.

For me, it's not necessarily the cost so much as the hassle involved.

The best example was the official day trip to Bruges last season which was both expensive and brilliant in terms of getting home before midnight.(from memory it was an early kick off)

In contrast I knew people who had got to Bruges for half the price before seemingly spending most of their saving in Burger King or overpriced airport lager, and not getting home until the following evening.

Ultimately not much different in terms of price

Last edited:
A few posters appear to have got decent cheap deals albeit with ridiculously early flights from obscure airports, and ultimately more time spent in a car or train than the actual flight to Seville.

For me, it's not necessarily the cost so much as the hassle involved.

The best example was the official day trip to Bruges last season which was both expensive and brilliant in terms of getting home before midnight.(from memory it was an early kick off)

In contrast I knew people who had got to Bruges for half the price before seemingly spending most of their saving in Burger King or overpriced airport lager, and not getting home until the following evening.

Ultimately not much different in terms of price
Looked at Seville today but it looks daft money now, looked at a few different options but its a no from me.

Good luck to those going.

Ps Had a great trip to Brugge last year though with my lad, stayed in Gent, not enough time for me re Seville this time round.

It could be done, were the club prepared to lose £ on it and, given a revenue last year which was north of 600 million, I think it could and should be done. One plane, per game. Cost 60-80k approx per flight to the club. Relatively peanuts.
I think as sport options said there is a shortage of planes and staff post covid. Even if it was a gesture I don’t think etihad could justify coordinating it.

But typical uefa. They only have 7-8 working days to plan something like Seville.

I think as sport options said there is a shortage of planes and staff post covid. Even if it was a gesture I don’t think etihad could justify coordinating it.

But typical uefa. They only have 7-8 working days to plan something like Seville.
The draw could have been at least a couple of weeks earlier but who gives a shit about fans. Oddly enough this season I’m to Dortmund for the first time as the previous two trips have been too soon to arrange. Sadly no Saville but enjoy your tapas Blues.

The draw could have been at least a couple of weeks earlier but who gives a shit about fans. Oddly enough this season I’m to Dortmund for the first time as the previous two trips have been too soon to arrange. Sadly no Saville but enjoy your tapas Blues.
It was a day after the play offs. Couldn't of been any earlier.

It was a day after the play offs. Couldn't of been any earlier.

Practically correct, Technically incorrect.

The draw could have been done earlier with TBA’s for the last qualifiers, and only games involving those teams would need to be scheduled. I’m not suggesting or supporting this, but they make drawers when previous rounds are not completed all the time.

Practically correct, Technically incorrect.

The draw could have been done earlier with TBA’s for the last qualifiers, and only games involving those teams would need to be scheduled. I’m not suggesting or supporting this, but they make drawers when previous rounds are not completed all the time.
They couldnt of done that as the draw was impossible without knowing the results.
As an example if Rangers hadnt qualified they wouldn't have been paired for tv purposes with Celtic and been placed on opposite sides of the draw. Rangers beat PSV and ended up in Ajax group.
PSV and Ajax couldnt of been in the same group.
If benfica had gone out Rangers would have been a pot 3 team not a pot 4

The draw was impossible until all results were known

They couldnt of done that as the draw was impossible without knowing the results.
As an example if Rangers hadnt qualified they wouldn't have been paired for tv purposes with Celtic and been placed on opposite sides of the draw. Rangers beat PSV and ended up in Ajax group.
PSV and Ajax couldnt of been in the same group.
If benfica had gone out Rangers would have been a pot 3 team not a pot 4

The draw was impossible until all results were known

Good point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.