Champions League 2023/24 - Last 16 Draw | City v Copenhagen | Tues 13th Feb (A) Weds 6th March (H)

Pick the 8 teams you think will go through

• Total voters
It’ll be the knock on effect of Leipzig only being able to draw 5 teams and Dortmund and Bayern 6.

We have 7 possibilities, which, if uniform, would be 14.28571% each, but because the German sides are more likely to draw certain sides, that means we are slightly less likely to draw them as a result.

I couldn’t give you the formula for that though!

Hope that makes sense…
Genau!

Does anyone know why PSG & Copenhagen are slightly more likely?
I’m not a statistician but I suspect it’s because they finished second in the two groups with German first place teams.
Bayern and Dortmund each have a lower number of potential opponents (six) than any of the other group winners (seven) due to Leipzig being a second placed team. That means the other group winners are slightly more likely to get PSG or Copenhagen than any other possibility.
Edit @Alan Harper's Tash explained it far more succinctly than me!

If I were you I'd not be afraid of PSG or Dortmund. We were one dodgy penalty away from taking 6pts off PSG and if we had a full strength team I'd have fancied us to have gotten through ahead of them anyway.

Some draws are obviously gentler than others but without wishing to come across as entitled and arrogant, we shouldn’t be too worried about any of these teams. They all finished second in their groups for a reason and we will be the ones that none of them want to face.
As has been the case for the last half dozen or so seasons, the tough questions will come from the QF onwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.