Champions League - 2023/24 - Leipzig, FK Crvena Zvezda, Young Boys

Who is the biggest threat to us retaining the trophy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you add up the co-efficients of each group we are actually in the hardest group. The Rags are in the 2nd hardest group, Newcastle the 4th and Arsenal the 7th.

The easest group based on co-efficients is group E - Feyenoord, A. Madrid, Lazio and Celtic.

If you remove the co-efficient of the top seed in each group they are actually all fairly even.
Lies, damned lies and statistics. Let's be honest, we could field the Under 21s for six games and still have a chance of getting out of this group. :-)

Couldn't have asked for a better draw. We could win every group stage game.

Red Star Away is the one!
Not for the faint hearted!

Belgrade is a nice city to visit, especially the old town/fortress, great food and hospitality, but... The one should use common sense, as there are always some idiots that are looking for trouble and "trophies". So I wouldn't recommend wearing team shirts, scarfs etc... when in small groups going through the city and in pubs and cafes.

Entering through the players tunnel

The atmosphere should be great and "Marakana" (Rajko Mitic) stadium, although now crumbling, is definitely place to visit.

I know this will have already been asked - just too busy (not lazy) to trawl through.

When the dates of the fixtures get announced (later today I am guessing) - I want to be straight on to book flights. Is there agreement on the main airports to fly into - e.g. for Young Boys will it be Berne or Zurich?

I know this will have already been asked - just too busy (not lazy) to trawl through.

When the dates of the fixtures get announced (later today I am guessing) - I want to be straight on to book flights. Is there agreement on the main airports to fly into - e.g. for Young Boys will it be Berne or Zurich?
Basel/Mulhouse or Geneva, as well as Zurich, good train links from all of them.

If you add up the co-efficients of each group we are actually in the hardest group. The Rags are in the 2nd hardest group, Newcastle the 4th and Arsenal the 7th.

The easest group based on co-efficients is group E - Feyenoord, A. Madrid, Lazio and Celtic.

If you remove the co-efficient of the top seed in each group they are actually all fairly even.
We don't paly ourselves so it aint the hardest for us is it? You would need to look at relative coefficients for each team against the other 3.

The coefficients affect the pots so they will be similar for pots 2-4, however a new team from a strong league will have a much lower coefficient than their actual strength.

Last edited:
Am I in too late for the jokes about Young Boys and the name of their Stadium ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.