Champions League 5th/6th May

Did I imagine it, or did the ref go to his pocket to book Neymar for diving, then change his mind (possibly 'cos he knew Neymar would have been off)?

Innsbruckblue said:
Did I imagine it, or did the ref go to his pocket to book Neymar for diving, then change his mind (possibly 'cos he knew Neymar would have been off)?

I thought so too.

Luis Suarez missed his chance big time last night.

Didn't he say during the World Cup that he hoped that Uruguay would play Germany, could sink his teeth into a nice shoulder of Lahm?

Without Robben, I really don't think that much of Bayern. I thought they looked completely toothless going forwards, while their defence always looks like it'll hand you a goal or two if you press them. Barca are on a completely different level, I could see us beating Bayern over two legs, but not Barca while they still have Messi.

No way is this Barca team better than Pep's though, they aren't nearly so dominant with the ball and they don't win it back nearly as ridiculously as they used to. Pep's team absolutely destroyed football for about 3 years, no one even dared try and play football against them, this Barca team doesn't have that imo. I think this is actually a really poor year standard wise of the top teams, so Barca should walk the CL with just the ridiculousness of their front three (or just Messi really). Bayern look pretty average without Ribery/Robben/Alaba, Real look a complete shambles of a team getting by on just individual talent, while no one else seems to have much of a clue either. Juve are organised and a decent team, but not CL winning quality, they are no better than us, they've just not faced Barca yet.

BigOscar said:
Without Robben, I really don't think that much of Bayern. I thought they looked completely toothless going forwards, while their defence always looks like it'll hand you a goal or two if you press them. Barca are on a completely different level, I could see us beating Bayern over two legs, but not Barca while they still have Messi.

No way is this Barca team better than Pep's though, they aren't nearly so dominant with the ball and they don't win it back nearly as ridiculously as they used to. Pep's team absolutely destroyed football for about 3 years, no one even dared try and play football against them, this Barca team doesn't have that imo. I think this is actually a really poor year standard wise of the top teams, so Barca should walk the CL with just the ridiculousness of their front three (or just Messi really). Bayern look pretty average without Ribery/Robben/Alaba, Real look a complete shambles of a team getting by on just individual talent, while no one else seems to have much of a clue either. Juve are organised and a decent team, but not CL winning quality, they are no better than us, they've just not faced Barca yet.

Agreed. People keep banging on about this front 3 but that's mostly what it is. Still confident Pep's best Barca side wouldn't even let this lot have the ball long enough to do any damage with it.

adrianr said:
BigOscar said:

Agreed. People keep banging on about this front 3 but that's mostly what it is. Still confident Pep's best Barca side wouldn't even let this lot have the ball long enough to do any damage with it.

Eto'o=Suarez
Henry>Neymar
Xavi>Rakitic
Younger Iniesta>Older Iniesta
Abidal>Alba
Puyol>Mascherano
Younger Alves>Older Alves
Yaya>Busquets
Pique=Shit
Valdes=Ter Stegen (Ter Stegen will be the better keeper though imo)

That's the 2009 CL winning side. For the 2011 one, I'd rather have Villa in his prime than Suarez and most of the rest of the comparisons remain the same, Busquets isn't as good a player in a team that don't dominate possession and the rest of their players are no longer at their peak. Messi is a better player than he's ever been though imo.

adrianr said:
BigOscar said:

Which is why I said easier on the eye rather than better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.