Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

Not particularly our groups are always shite these days
All the new format had done is to get rid of dead rubbers on match day 5 and 6 quite a lot of the times and replace with dead rubbers on match days 7 and 8.

I hope once we've qualified if it means resting players we do so, Pep has always had the integrity of the competition at heart, even when it meant other clubs were battling for 3rd to get in the Europa League he would field a competitive team, something had to give this season.

All the new format had done is to get rid of dead rubbers on match day 5 and 6 quite a lot of the times and replace with dead rubbers on match days 7 and 8.

I hope once we've qualified if it means resting players we do so, Pep has always had the integrity of the competition at heart, even when it meant other clubs were battling for 3rd to get in the Europa League he would field a competitive team, something had to give this season.
Yeah, totally agree

Shite competition got even shiter.

Money, money, money and fuck the fans.

Shite competition got even shiter.

Money, money, money and fuck the fans.
I know what you mean but I quite enjoy the games, especially on this winters evenings when there's not much to do, enjoy going and the craic with the lads.

I'm not sure that's true for match day 7, but might be true for a couple of teams on matchday 8.
My reasoning is that only the top eight qualify directly whereas in the past a team in second place could be through with a couple of games to play.
The new system is similar to only the group winners qualifying.
There are a huge number of possibilities and we won't really know for a few seasons.

The one thing they cannot fix is how shite the final is.
Sadly the only thing that needed an overhaul is not touched.

Hotels in Munich are already very expensive around the final. I wonder how many fans of teams who may be in contention are pre-booking cancellable rooms around those dates. I was looking to do the same though I'd have no chance of a ticket, I was stupid not to go to Istanbul just for the craic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.