Champions League Draw - 29th August '24 | Opponents (pg69) | Fixtures (pg128)

As I understand this new draw, there is no benefit to winning your domestic league, as you have to play 2 cat A teams regardless. That’s a bit shit.
A club could win their league but be in pot 2 wheres a club finishing fourth could be in pot 1 but that hasn't changed

8 games instead of 6 in the group stage simply means more opportunity for the biggest teams to qualify. They even then get a pre last 16 knock out round to qualify if they finish im the top 2/3rds.
There will be fewer shock group stage drop outs than ever before. Just money making bollocks once again from UEFA

I suppose your correct in that respect, although I don’t think there will be any meaningless games with this new format other than if two teams guaranteed to not qualify come up against eachother.

I just feel if you won your domestic league you should only have to play 1 cat A and replace it with another cat D team for example.
Yeah but is all based on Uefa co-efficienty.

The top 8 clubs in the competition with the he best co-efficient are in Pot one and so on

That can't happen as there's 3 teams from pot 2 in that draw

Juventus
AC Milan
At Madrid

OK replace AC Milan with Bologna, the AC Milan and Bolgna crest are very similar

MAN CITY
madrid (away)
bayern (away)
Bayer Leverkusen (away)
A. Madrid (away)
Feyenoord (Home)
celtic (home)
Bologna (home)
Monaco (Home)

8 games instead of 6 in the group stage simply means more opportunity for the biggest teams to qualify. They even then get a pre last 16 knock out round to qualify if they finish im the top 2/3rds.
There will be fewer shock group stage drop outs than ever before. Just money making bollocks once again from UEFA
Only the top 8 in the league phase automatically qualify for the last 16.

Teams placed 9th-25th enter a 2 legged playoff for the reminding 8 places so there's definitely a big chance at least a couple of big teams will be knocked out in the league phase

There is the same amount of cannon fodder in this version of the draw as there was in the previous one.

You could put money now on those 12 that will fill the bottom places, I am going with:-
  • Feyenoord
  • PSV
  • Lille
  • Young Boys
  • Celtic
  • Slovan B.
  • Sparta P.
  • Bologna
  • Girona
  • Stuttgart
  • Sturm Graz
  • Brest
Only because the rags didn’t qualify.

How is it determined which other teams you play in the league phase and whether it's home or away?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.