Champions League Draw Barca 18th Feb (H) & 12th Mar (A)

Re: Last 16 draw - Confirmed teams

strongbowholic said:
I'm buzzing that much about being in the next stage I genuinely don't care who we get. I want us to take on the very best and see if we can do it. Would love Barca or Real Madrid and an opportunity to see if we can overcome Dortmund would all be very nice.

Bring them on, one and all!

My thoughts exactly.

Re: The round of 16 Champions League (Merged)

I don't care either, from a personal point of view, I so enjoyed Dortmund last year, for lots of reasons (not the game funnily enough), and its easy to get to, so I would prefer Dortmund, but I'm more than happy to take on any of them. I certainly don't fear any of them.

Dortmund please because we owe them one and IF we get through,then anybody with a big euro second leg at the Etihad

Just think of one of the teams who have just won their group. They're all excited looking forward to a easy draw and then what happens? They draw us.
I don't think they'll be rubbing their hands in anticipation after how we acquitted ourselves against Bayern. We have just as much chance of beating any of the other teams as they have of beating us.

Out of the 8 group winners city got more points than 5 of them, zenith get 6 points and Napoli crash out with 12 points, they need to have a rethink over the formula of this competition .

goalmole said:
Just think of one of the teams who have just won their group. They're all excited looking forward to a easy draw and then what happens? They draw us.
I don't think they'll be rubbing their hands in anticipation after how we acquitted ourselves against Bayern. We have just as much chance of beating any of the other teams as they have of beating us.

My sentiments exactly, we can beat anyone on our day so bring it on.

oppa gangnam style said:
Given that neither Dortmund/Juve finished 2nd, now that Pellegrini gaffe seems even bigger. Huge difference this year between 1st and 2nd placed teams.

I go as far that no 2nd placed team will be in quarter finals maybe only us. If we lose then it will be the 8 first placed teams in the quarter finals.

I hope for PSG or Atletico now. And hoping their form will be worse around February while our improves.

I doubt the rags will progress whoever they get

city2 said:
Out of the 8 group winners city got more points than 5 of them, zenith get 6 points and Napoli crash out with 12 points, they need to have a rethink over the formula of this competition .

The seedings were crazy. how were dortmund and nappoli not in either pot two or one. can come porto were top seeds despite not getting to quater final of champions league for years.

seedings are as dumb as in international football. no offence but how dortmund were not in at least pot two after getting to champions league finals and having won two leagues over the years is just stupid.
uefa are run by idiots sadly.

Welcome to our world.

City fans been bemoaning the seeding system for 3 years now.

Nothing against seeding per se. Just the way its done.

Champions should be seeded 1st. At the moment, the top seeds get a huge advantage, and because they have an advantage they pick up easy wins against the weakest teams and therefore remain top seeds. At the heart of it is keeping the rich clubs in the richest competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.