Champions League Draw Barca 18th Feb (H) & 12th Mar (A)

Re: The round of 16 Champions League (Merged)

I'm glad we fear no one, no team that won the group are invincible and are all rather vulnerable.

Anybody but Athletico or Dortmund.

They are set up perfectly to exploit our weaknesses.

I quite fancy Barca to be honest.

IT'S THE LAST 16 - NOT THE ROUND OF 16!!

Away leg will be on 11/12 March or 18/19 March.
Get those flights booked!

Barcelona for me - 16 flights a day from Gatwick alone.
Dortmund has only 1 a day from Luton & Stansted & none at all from Manchester, so that'll be tough.

£69 return to Paris on the Eurostar
For us southern Blues it's a dream draw, whoever we get.

seeing as arsenal and city are in the same boat (finished 2nd so could play pretty much any of the best teams in europe) i'll just post this here:

if you avoid these teams in the last 16 by finishing top of your group, the chances are you'll get them in the last 8 or last 4. bottom line is your going to get them, and its not gonna be any easier playing them in last 8 or last 4 compared to playing them in last 16.

all it means is you might get 1 round further before potentially being knocked out by a better team.

to me it doesn't really matter, i've never understood the reaction at finishing 2nd.

its not as if you've avoided playing the top teams forever is it? you've just delayed it by a round.

maybe with city i can understand as you need to improve your coefficient in europe so the further you go, even its just 1 round further, the better. arsenal don't need to worry about that so unless we win the thing i couldn't care less if we get knocked out in last 16/8/4.

anyway i would much rather be looking forward to a glamour tie against barca/madrid/bayern then a shit game against Olympiakos or zenit.

none of this means i wouldn't have preffered to finish 1st, but not to the extent that i'm going to worry or get angry about it.

Well with Gala beating Juve, that's Man Utd's hopes of signing Schneijder dashed again! Jinxed

jimbo101 said:
IT'S THE LAST 16 - NOT THE ROUND OF 16!!

Away leg will be on 11/12 March or 18/19 March.
Get those flights booked!

Barcelona for me - 16 flights a day from Gatwick alone.
Dortmund has only 1 a day from Luton & Stansted & none at all from Manchester, so that'll be tough.

£69 return to Paris on the Eurostar
For us southern Blues it's a dream draw, whoever we get.

southern Blues shouldn't be allowed to exist, yet alone get a ticket to a match.

Please let it be barca off to salou in march,salou to barca on train takes about 1 hour plus lots of flights to salou with ryanair.

Not sure if this has been posted so apologies for any repeats:

BBC Radio 5 live summariser Chris Waddle
"I think out of the four English teams, Manchester City have the best chance of winning the trophy. I think they'll get a lot of confidence from winning away at Bayern Munich last night."

Eccles Blue said:
Not sure if this has been posted so apologies for any repeats:

BBC Radio 5 live summariser Chris Waddle
"I think out of the four English teams, Manchester City have the best chance of winning the trophy. I think they'll get a lot of confidence from winning away at Bayern Munich last night."

I think I agree with Chris Waddle.

We should respect our opponents in the last 16 but should not fear anybody. Maybe this season is one step to far to win the Champions League but let's give it our best shot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.