Champions League Draw Barca 18th Feb (H) & 12th Mar (A)

Re: Who would you want in the round of 16? (Champions League)

aguero93:20 said:
M24 Citizen said:
Kurple said:
you obviously dont follow spanish football

- atleti have been the 3rd best side in all of Europe this season. Behind Bayern and Barca

- their defense and counter attacking is bar none the best in the world. And their buildup play isnt bad either.
- Coach Simeone in my opinion is the best manager in the world as well

- They have one of the best if not the best Goalie in Courtois
- They have the best LB in the game (Filipe)
- Miranda is turning out to be one of the best CB's (behind Kompany, Silva and Dante)
- Costa has been a scoring machine all season (2nd in Europe behind Ronaldo)
- Koke would go straight into any startin XI in the world

And the mentality of ALL the atleti players is amazing. They can drop 6 regular starters and still beat Porto away

We can drop 6 regular starters and still beat Bayern München away.

No biggie.
6? dinho and Silva were the only players who'd make our strongest team when fully fit, (hart but he's in the shit) I make it 9, definitely no biggie.

Huh? Normal first team starters who didn't start... Kompany, Zaba, Nasri, Clichy, Negredo, Aguero, Yaya etc.

Re: The round of 16 Champions League (Merged)

Dortmund are not the same team they were last year I think we'd do them.

M24 Citizen said:
M24 Citizen said:
We can drop 6 regular starters and still beat Bayern München away.

No biggie.
6? dinho and Silva were the only players who'd make our strongest team when fully fit, (hart but he's in the shit) I make it 9, definitely no biggie.

Huh? Normal first team starters who didn't start... Kompany, Zaba, Nasri, Clichy, Negredo, Aguero, Yaya etc.

Pants

Champions2012! said:
M24 Citizen said:

Pants

Theres no need for that! ;)

BezzMCFC said:
personally want psg or barca, but not fussed as i see us as favourites for the cup now especially after beating a strong munich team away with a weaken side

bubble_1441934c.jpg

Could someone post the link to the site that this came from please. this variation in probability must be to do with the match days, and broadcast rights, ie English teams on different nights, remember the draw 2 seasons ago when we wound up with Dortmund.......

Explanation (????) translated from the site.

The most likely cross 1/ 8 finals would Schalke v Manchester Utd , Bayern Munich v Arsenal , Leverkusen v Chelsea and Manchester City v Bor.Dortmund

explanation:

Suppose instead of 8 crosses were only 4 crosses, invented the following groups -A , B , C and D
- Group A: PSG (1st) and Olympiacos (2nd)
- Group B: Chelsea (1st) and Bayer Leverkusen (2nd)
- Group C: Bayern Munich (1st) and Galatasaray (2nd)
- Group D: Real Madrid (1st) and Manchester City (2nd)

If you limit the draw to prohibit teams from the same group are facing , but it has allowed cross between teams from the same country , have these giveaways possible :
( 1) PSG- LEV, CHE- OLY , BAY- MCI and RMA -GAL
( 2) PSG -LEV , CHE -MCI , BAY- OLY -GAL and RMA
( 3) PSG -MCI , CHE - OLY , BAY- LEV and RMA -GAL
( 4) PSG -GAL , CHE - OLY , BAY- MCI and RMA- LEV
(5) PSG -GAL , CHE -MCI , and RMA BAY- OLY -LEV
(6 ) PSG -MCI , CHE -GAL , and RMA BAY- OLY -LEV
( 7) PSG -LEV , CHE -GAL , BAY- MCI and RMA- OLY
( 8) PSG -GAL , CHE -MCI , BAY- LEV and RMA- OLY
( 9) PSG -MCI , CHE -GAL , BAY- LEV and RMA- OLY

9 possible draws (11.11% each) and each confrontation appears in 3 draws (11.11% x 3 = 33.33 % chance )

But if we add the constraint that no teams from the same country - would eliminate the sweepstakes listed CHE -MCI and cross -LEV - BAY , these drawings are reduced to the following :

( 1) PSG- LEV, CHE- OLY , BAY- MCI and RMA -GAL
( 4) PSG -GAL , CHE - OLY , BAY- MCI and RMA- LEV
(6 ) PSG -MCI , CHE -GAL , and RMA BAY- OLY -LEV
( 7) PSG -LEV , CHE -GAL , BAY- MCI and RMA- OLY

Only these are no longer possible sweepstakes and all appear the same number of times , the Bayern -Manchester City appears in 3 of the 4 possible draws ( 75%), others appear in 2 of 4 ( 50%) and others on 1 April ( 25 % )

Applying this reasoning to the 8 official groups Champions 2013/14 , we went from 40,320 to 3,497 real pure drawings that meet the conditions

http://www.laligaennumeros.es/2013/12/probabilidades-de-cruces-en-octavos-de.html

Armaan said:
Dortmund are not the same team they were last year I think we'd do them.

Disagree, Dortmund are one of the last teams we want to be facing.

At the moment they are having a huge I jury crisis with their defence and also have Gubdogan out I think.

With Bayern likely going to go on and win the Bundesliga now it is probable that Doetmund will put their focus on the CL and they have around 2 months to get their team back fit and a January transfer window to maybe help them out.

Dortmund are on beast team when it comes to the counter attack and they are one of the best pressing teams in world football, I would not want City playing against them again.

Whoever we play it's going to be hard as they're all brilliant teams in their own way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.