Champions League Draw Barca 18th Feb (H) & 12th Mar (A)

Re: The round of 16 Champions League (Merged)

Esteban de la Sexface said:
cibaman said:
blinkblue said:
6b381c423ab951db167b0161e6c272ee.png

There's obviously a reason for those 30.798%'s but at this time of the morning I'm struggling to work it out. Is it because we cant play Bayern, so there's an increased chance of playing t'other German team?

It is because Leverkusen or Schalke cannot play Dortmund or Muncich. We can't play Munich so the chances are we'll be playing Dortmund.
Exactly, it's probability. It's not only who we can't play, but who others can't play.

foetus said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
cibaman said:
There's obviously a reason for those 30.798%'s but at this time of the morning I'm struggling to work it out. Is it because we cant play Bayern, so there's an increased chance of playing t'other German team?

It is because Leverkusen or Schalke cannot play Dortmund or Muncich. We can't play Munich so the chances are we'll be playing Dortmund.
Exactly, it's probability. It's not only who we can't play, but who others can't play.
I'm loving the 30% chance that Arsenal could play Bayern!

Order of preference for me: PSG, Dortmund, Madrid, Atletico, Barca.

I'd like to play Dortmund again as we can beat them. There's the revenge issue as well, they were so over-hyped last season by the media you'd have thought they'd beaten us 6-0 home and away. Obviously they are still a very good side but we can handle them this season as I think we are better and they are not quite so good.

Whoever we get will be tough, extremely tough, but that's really how it should be when you're playing a Champion's League group winner.

Looking at this purely from a "who would give City the best opportunity to progress" front I think I'd prefer the following:-

Paris SG, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona, Real Madrid.

However from a selfish perspective, I'd quite like to see Barcelona playing a competitive game at the Etihad.

I'll go with that.

At the end of the day we need to play the best eventually. If we draw Barca, then so what ? Most of our players are top class - there are a few exceptions - and they should be up for any challenge against the best.

City versus Barca in the knockout stages of the CL - not so long ago that was a dream.

Matty said:
Whoever we get will be tough, extremely tough, but that's really how it should be when you're playing a Champion's League group winner.

Looking at this purely from a "who would give City the best opportunity to progress" front I think I'd prefer the following:-

Paris SG, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona, Real Madrid.

However from a selfish perspective, I'd quite like to see Barcelona playing a competitive game at the Etihad.

For any of them I think we'll need Joe Hart on top form to progress.

I think it's time he gets his gloves back on in the Premier League.

Im assuming btw with regards to that probability chart, that the sooner we are pulled out the more chance we have of playing the teams other than Dortmund?

Re: Who would you want in the round of 16? (Champions League)

MillionDollarDream said:
bugsyblue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Atletico Madrid are probably the weakest out of the sides who will win the group so them.

You are so wrong.

Why are people so high on Atleti this season? Cool first XI and David Villa sometimes on the bench but after that they are a very young side. Nicked a 1-0 against Madrid but they are on a balance of shouldn't overlook but boarding on overrating them because they've gotten off to a great start.

They've played some pretty average ball some games and had a real stinker against Zenit in CL.
you obviously dont follow spanish football

- atleti have been the 3rd best side in all of Europe this season. Behind Bayern and Barca

- their defense and counter attacking is bar none the best in the world. And their buildup play isnt bad either.
- Coach Simeone in my opinion is the best manager in the world as well

- They have one of the best if not the best Goalie in Courtois
- They have the best LB in the game (Filipe)
- Miranda is turning out to be one of the best CB's (behind Kompany, Silva and Dante)
- Costa has been a scoring machine all season (2nd in Europe behind Ronaldo)
- Koke would go straight into any startin XI in the world

And the mentality of ALL the atleti players is amazing. They can drop 6 regular starters and still beat Porto away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.