Champions League Draw Barca 18th Feb (H) & 12th Mar (A)

Re: Who would you want in the round of 16? (Champions League)

Kurple said:
MillionDollarDream said:
bugsyblue said:
You are so wrong.

Why are people so high on Atleti this season? Cool first XI and David Villa sometimes on the bench but after that they are a very young side. Nicked a 1-0 against Madrid but they are on a balance of shouldn't overlook but boarding on overrating them because they've gotten off to a great start.

They've played some pretty average ball some games and had a real stinker against Zenit in CL.
you obviously dont follow spanish football

- atleti have been the 3rd best side in all of Europe this season. Behind Bayern and Barca

- their defense and counter attacking is bar none the best in the world. And their buildup play isnt bad either.
- Coach Simeone in my opinion is the best manager in the world as well

- They have one of the best if not the best Goalie in Courtois
- They have the best LB in the game (Filipe)
- Miranda is turning out to be one of the best CB's (behind Kompany, Silva and Dante)
- Costa has been a scoring machine all season (2nd in Europe behind Ronaldo)
- Koke would go straight into any startin XI in the world

And the mentality of ALL the atleti players is amazing. They can drop 6 regular starters and still beat Porto away

We can drop 6 regular starters and still beat Bayern München away.

No biggie.

Re: Who would you want in the round of 16? (Champions League)

M24 Citizen said:
Kurple said:
MillionDollarDream said:
Why are people so high on Atleti this season? Cool first XI and David Villa sometimes on the bench but after that they are a very young side. Nicked a 1-0 against Madrid but they are on a balance of shouldn't overlook but boarding on overrating them because they've gotten off to a great start.

They've played some pretty average ball some games and had a real stinker against Zenit in CL.
you obviously dont follow spanish football

- atleti have been the 3rd best side in all of Europe this season. Behind Bayern and Barca

- their defense and counter attacking is bar none the best in the world. And their buildup play isnt bad either.
- Coach Simeone in my opinion is the best manager in the world as well

- They have one of the best if not the best Goalie in Courtois
- They have the best LB in the game (Filipe)
- Miranda is turning out to be one of the best CB's (behind Kompany, Silva and Dante)
- Costa has been a scoring machine all season (2nd in Europe behind Ronaldo)
- Koke would go straight into any startin XI in the world

And the mentality of ALL the atleti players is amazing. They can drop 6 regular starters and still beat Porto away

We can drop 6 regular starters and still beat Bayern München away.

No biggie.
6? dinho and Silva were the only players who'd make our strongest team when fully fit, (hart but he's in the shit) I make it 9, definitely no biggie.

Re: The round of 16 Champions League (Merged)

Carlo Ancelotti has earmarked Manchester City as a potential threat to Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League knockout stages. The 54-year-old is keen for his side to maintain the form that brought 16 points in Group B, but feels City are the team to avoid after Manuel Pellegrini's men finished second in their pool.

"I think that Manchester City will be the most dangerous team among those who finish second in their sections", Ancelotti said. "For us, it's important to continue along this path and look to get even better".

totalfootball said:
Carlo Ancelotti has earmarked Manchester City as a potential threat to Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League knockout stages. The 54-year-old is keen for his side to maintain the form that brought 16 points in Group B, but feels City are the team to avoid after Manuel Pellegrini's men finished second in their pool.

"I think that Manchester City will be the most dangerous team among those who finish second in their sections", Ancelotti said. "For us, it's important to continue along this path and look to get even better".
I believe Ancelotti knows a thing or two about all things footballing.

jxys.jpg

Dortmund it is then!

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
totalfootball said:

I believe Ancelotti knows a thing or two about all things footballing.
Hardly rocket science, all managers of the teams that topped will concede we are the least wanted team they would like to face.

Personally, I'd like PSG or Real, both try to attack a lot but can be vulnerable on the counter. Atletico press too much and would not suit us at all.

Underdog is a good place to be. Underdog that as beat the worlds best in their front room is even better. None of the group winners will want to play us.

Apologies incase it's already been mentioned, if it has I've missed it! But is the exact date of the away leg in March announced at the draw or slightly later ?

blinkblue said:

Could someone post the link to the site that this came from please. this variation in probability must be to do with the match days, and broadcast rights, ie English teams on different nights, remember the draw 2 seasons ago when we wound up with Dortmund.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.