Champions League Draw Barca 18th Feb (H) & 12th Mar (A)

Re: Who would you want in the round of 16? (Champions League)

blueste41 said:
sam-caddick said:
I can't see Bayern losing in Moscow so unless we pull off a miracle in Germany and win 3-0 it looks like we are going to play either one of Barcelona, Madrid, Atletico or PSG, maybe Dortmund or Napoli if they manage to top that group.

Our biggest disadvantage is us having to play the second leg of the next round away and I just feel with our very little experience as a club at this stagewe have no chance if you ask me.

All that I ask for in this competiton now is to try and win our remaining group games, especially Bayern if possible because if anything it is our big game winning mentality that we are lacking in the Champions League, then in the knockout rounds I just hope we put a good good performance in and not make it too easy for whichever team we face.

If we go through to the quarter finals I will start getting giddy, but I just feel our lack of big game performances in the competiton will let us down, that and our defence.

No chance against any opposition? Interesting. I would say we have a fair chance if the draw was fair to us.

I would equally fancy our chances against any of those sides. Bayern and Dortmund we found tough but I think PSG, Atletico, Barca, Real are all beatable. Would be more difficult of course, but could most certainly beat them over two legs.

I have no doubt that whoever we play everyone will be desperate to put Bayern right.

We will also be the underdogs, which suits Pellegrini perfectly and I believe we can give it a really good go.

I believe we'll go all the way to Lisbon and then lose narrowly in the final.

PSG. We'd probably beat them, the others we'd be the underdogs in the tie but capable of beating them on our day. Yaya on form could really hurt Barca with runs from midfield and with Aguero we always have a chance of scoring against anyone.

It's the away goal rule that really annoys me and because we will likely come second seed in our group we will have to play at home first.

I just worry about our defence because if we conceed more than one goal at home I just think we have no chance in the second leg, I think you can only really afford to conceed one goal in that first leg if you are the home team.

We can't rely on scoring 2 or 3 more than our opponent on any given night.

I think Atletico would probably be the worst tie we could get because I think that's one where we'd go into it as favourites but I actually think they'd beat us over 2 legs at the moment. A lot pressure on us if we get them.

Leverkusen/Napoli I think we'd beat if they top their groups.
PSG I'm 50/50 on.
Barca/Real I think we'd struggle.

AC Milan.

Ray78 said:
AC Milan.
No sweat, all it needs is for them to win their last two and Barcelona to lose theirs. - Unless we win in Munich and top our group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.