Champions League draw continued (merged)

Re: Champions League draw continued

PaleBlue said:
kurious oranj said:
Why couldn't we enter group H?

Also when do we find out the fixtures?

To seperate us from United, so one can play games on Tuesday and one on Wednesday.

Someone else told me that United and City will play on the same night (though home and away, obviously) and Arsenal and Chelsea will also play on the same nights.

Tough draw.

Great games, but it will be difficult to qualify

Utd's group is a joke. I suppose that's the benefit of being top seeds, but they way that works is that the top seeds remain top seeds as they have easier fixtures so are more successful

We are definitely playing on the same night as United. Presumably we'll be at home when they're away and vice versa though

Fuzzmaster101 said:
citytill1die84 said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:
Great group, tough but excellent fixtures. I had to laugh at Gary Cook and the blond girl who seemed not to realise we were in group A until the bloke anounced it. We could only have been in Group A, B, or D, and B and D had already been asigned two draws earlier. They looked suprised for some reason! LOL

Think most of us were surprised I was waiting for group H.
But we couldn't have been in group H, not once the Pot 1 draw was finished. There had to be two English teams on each side of the draw so we could only have been in A,B and D (Scum were in C) as both Chelsea and Arse were already in the other half (The blue half).

I was wondering that thanks for the explanation
Will be interesting if we play different nights or same

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
A bit of an anti-climax after I thought we had Barca and AC. And despite the fact Munich will be our only amazing away day, I'm still buzzing about this. Villareal is a real toilet, and their ground is just downright horrible. Calling it League 2 standard could be perceived as a compliment. The stands are steep, it's cramped, it's dirty and their fans don't sing. Napolis stadium is great though, and their fans are just nutters. Should be an incredible atmosphere there, though it is one of the scummiest towns you could visit, I wouldn't advise taking many valuables.

All from personal experience. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more excited about this. Watch out Europe!
Agree about Villarreal - can´t wait to get up there and piss all over it and then watch Merlin destroy the plastic happy clapping yellow fooks. They seem to have built a new tier behind the goal - probably for us! You can fly to that non existent airport they´ve been advertising for years ;) Should be in Segunda B of La Liga - as for Naples no thanks the Camorri will be all over it

Hahaha, good point! You're best off going to Alicante or Valencia, and going up from there. Didn't know about the new tier though, maybe now it is a League 2 standard stadium. And I tried to present Naples in a nice way, but the earlier post about Kevlar underpants and your bit about the Camorri pretty much sums that place up. There should be some word of warning to our fans about that!

When United've played in Valencia and Villareal in recent seasons, many reds fly into Alicante and then get an organised coach up from the SStretford End bar, returning after the game.

Maybe there'll be someone out there with a business brain to do that for you guys.

Castellon is very quiet after the game and Villareal is a weird location for a top-flight club.

The population is 50,000, making one in every two residents a season-ticket holder.

Murph said:
Fantastic draw. Bayern are the team i really wanted due to the comments they've been making about us. No long haul trips, so a great draw. Can't wait!
What have they been saying?

I'll call it now- someone will get a red card when that diving Dutch gimp hits the turf, as he most certainly will.

All teams in Plot 1 are tough. And in the rest there were AC Milan in plot 2, City in Plot 3 and Borussia Dortmund inn 4 to be afraid of. Although it could be easier, we should have pretty good chances to finish 2nd.

And btw a question:
I am living in Austria and have never been to a city match, so I would love to see the Munich game.
Are there any possibilities to get tickets for our sector?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.