Champions League Draw | QF - Bayern Munich | SF - Real Madrid

I'm optimistic we can beat them in both games. But there's little doubt Tuchel has much more experience in the CL than Nagelsmann plus he has had success vs City and Real recently. It makes sense from their perspective, for Bayern haven't been flying recently and their current form isn't good enough to help them beat both City and Real.

Another reason why they have hired Tuchel is that he can make the most out of their current squad by implementing his CL-winning system with 3 CBs and 2 WBs. In Davies and Cancelo they have perfect players for that system, whereas Nagelsmann's system was suspect.

I hope Tuchel won't use Cancelo, at least not in the 2nd leg, but the truth is Cancelo is taylor-made for his system.

Does anyone still think they should have made it 2,3 or 4 per person, because we’re going to struggle shifting them?
I posted yesterday it would be a guaranteed sell out as will the FA Cup semi but that’ll take a bit longer.

So some are held back. I'd guess a few could be released at some point if they can't shift them all as hospitality.
You will also have Cup Direct Scheme members who default on payment who then don't update their bank details. This will likely make a small number of seats available but we won't see how many or where until the middle of next week.

Just out of interest, does anybody know roughly how many tickets were remaining when they went on sale to Cityzens this morning?

I saw a post yesterday saying about 12,000 left but that would mean something like 35,000 or more season ticket holders bought a ticket for the game when you factor in away fans and any hospitality tickets located in the various stands. I'm not sure how many ST holders we have these days. I've seen a figure of 40k banded about so 35k+ ticket sales to ST holders alone on day one (both cup scheme and non-cup scheme) seems on the high side, given that a considerable number of ST holders tend not to do CL home games for whatever reason.

I posted yesterday it would be a guaranteed sell out as will the FA Cup semi but that’ll take a bit longer.

A lot of people have seriously underestimated how much demand has increased this season. It was obvious from the mad rush for those silver season tickets. How tickets sell for the semi will be another good indicator, as we wouldn’t have come close to selling that out 12 months ago.

I'm a little surprised that this one has sold out as quickly as it has and I'd still be surprised if the FA Cup semi sells out. But I won't be as surprised as I would have been a few days ago. There is definitely a surge in our support this season. In the past, I've often been unable to shift my season ticket when I can't make a game. I've not had a problem at all this season on any occasion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.