Champions League Draw & TV Pairings

I'm pretty sure we'll get Barca at group stage.

They can't draw Valencia/Athletico/Madrid/Sevilla (If they get nudged into pot 2).

One of us/Arsenal/United will be paired with Chelsea, (most likely us going off both viewing figures and the fact there are two Manchester and two London teams) which means one of Arsenal/United will automatically be moved to the opposite side of the draw to Barca (will definitely be United - if it's rigged for viewing figures), that leaves us, Arsenal and Porto a 1/3 chance of getting drawn against Barca, stretching to a 1/4 chance if Sevilla don't achieve Pot 2.

I'm pretty sure we'll get Barca at group stage.

They can't draw Valencia/Athletico/Madrid/Sevilla (If they get nudged into pot 2).

One of us/Arsenal/United will be paired with Chelsea, (most likely us going off both viewing figures and the fact there are two Manchester and two London teams) which means one of Arsenal/United will automatically be moved to the opposite side of the draw to Barca (will definitely be United - if it's rigged for viewing figures), that leaves us, Arsenal and Porto a 1/3 chance of getting drawn against Barca, stretching to a 1/4 chance if Sevilla don't achieve Pot 2.
I think you've nailed it there mate. Highly like to be Barca

I think you've nailed it there mate. Highly like to be Barca
Our best hope of avoiding Barca is if they (or us) get pulled out of the hat first. If we start seeing Benfica/Juve/Zenit etc coming out that hat and taking up the Spanish sides it leaves us little hope.

I can't see Bayern avoiding a tough draw either, they way the pots are panning out.

Barca for me - then we avoid them in the round of 16!
Well probably get Roma and Wolfsburg to complete the group of death.

as we are in Pot 2 is it set in stone who we play next? ie Pot 3 away or is that now all part of the 'open' draw?

Just pick the hardest teams from each pot that we are eligible to play and that is what we will get. For the rags look at the easiest teams and it will be so. It is rigged.

Until we get in pot 1 which is why it is so important that we win our league. This has to be our priority this year.

Interestingly unless the implausible happems tonight, I think Chelski are nailed on for a trip to Spain.

If they don't bag a pot 2.Spanish team (3/7 base chance - Spanish teams can't go into Barca's group) then there is another high %age chance of of getting Sevilla as they can only go into 4 groups. 2 if they get TV paired with Valencia or Atletico.

Last edited:
as we are in Pot 2 is it set in stone who we play next? ie Pot 3 away or is that now all part of the 'open' draw?
I'm not sure about this, I know someone has said there is a way of predicting this before the draw is made, but it's not confirmed until a couple of hours after the draw (So UEFA delegates and clubs can arrange travel before the rush) - I wouldn't trust any 'predictions' until it's been officially announced to be honest.

I'm not sure about this, I know someone has said there is a way of predicting this before the draw is made, but it's not confirmed until a couple of hours after the draw (So UEFA delegates and clubs can arrange travel before the rush) - I wouldn't trust any 'predictions' until it's been officially announced to be honest.
it was niggling me .. I looked at last season and it looked simple but I do not know if its the same every year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.