Champions League Draw & TV Pairings

I hope I am just being over-pessimistic.

I still can't help but feel anxious, they neutralized Real Madrid over two legs. Really hoping it's all down to their Vidal-Pirlo-Tevez core...
They were average in the group stage.

Anyway we've got a squad that are more than good enough to top this group. That's not underestimating other teams that's just saying it as it is.

I hope I am just being over-pessimistic.

I still can't help but feel anxious, they neutralized Real Madrid over two legs. Really hoping it's all down to their Vidal-Pirlo-Tevez core...
I hope so too. I will say though, I watched their game, at home, against Udinese last weekend, and they were pretty lost for ideas, and seem to not have quite the spine and direction they had last year. I am not trying to underplay them, at all, they are going to be tough, it's just evident they are still figuring things out and I am not sold they will get to where they were last year.

I think they will. CSKA and Wolfsburg are similar to Sevilla and Monchengladbach. They, like us won't be given an easy ride and they'll be no easy games, both are decent teams capable of taking points off of anybody in the group but not teams you'd expect to get enough points to qualify. But then they've got PSV instead of Juve which is a team enough the rags should be expecting to beat.

I see the rags group going down to the final night as all the teams will take points off each other

As for our group, we shouldn't be afraid of any of those. Show them respect by all means, but not fear

Where would you rank Juve in the top pot? I'd probably rate them 6th. So we could have done much worse. Sevilla finished 5th in Spain last season 18 points behind Barca and 16 behind Real. Now I'm not saying we are at Barca or even Reals level yet but I'd fancy us to be closer than that. And the German team we should be looking at minimum 4 points.

People are gonna cry fix until we get the easiest team in every pot but that's very unlikely. Before the draw everyone was saying Wolfsburg were the toughest in pot 4. The rags get them but people still claim it's a fix. There is an argument for the rags having the tougher draw. I could see them losing all away games whereas worst case I see us losing two.

Where would you rank Juve in the top pot? I'd probably rate them 6th. So we could have done much worse. Sevilla finished 5th in Spain last season 18 points behind Barca and 16 behind Real. Now I'm not saying we are at Barca or even Reals level yet but I'd fancy us to be closer than that. And the German team we should be looking at minimum 4 points.

People are gonna cry fix until we get the easiest team in every pot but that's very unlikely. Before the draw everyone was saying Wolfsburg were the toughest in pot 4. The rags get them but people still claim it's a fix. There is an argument for the rags having the tougher draw. I could see them losing all away games whereas worst case I see us losing two.
Agreed, there are no "gimmes" in either group but we have a much stronger squad than the rags. CSKA gave us two tough games last season and I expect them to take points off the rags. Wolfsburg will be no pushover with or without KdB.

As much as it pains me to say this, I can't see the rags losing a single game in their group(lucky rags). On paper moscow away is tough but van harsh isn't stupid enough to underestimate those teams

As much as it pains me to say this, I can't see the rags losing a single game in their group(lucky rags). On paper moscow away is tough but van harsh isn't stupid enough to underestimate those teams
Not to worry, they don't have the squad to compete in 4 trophies

Can some put our fixtures up and the prem games before and after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.