Champions League draw

The Fat el Hombre said:
I'd hang fire on those dates liam because i've already done that and I checked the sequence for clubs in previous years and they didn't follow it. Now either the sequence is a new thing for this season or it isn't quite as set in stone as you may think. If someone could clarify this I'd be very greatful

Failing that, anyone any idea when the fixture dates will be confirmed by uefa?

Eh up guys, I previously got the sequence off UEFA for ECL 2011-12 and the coeffs off another site, worked it all out and posted it on another thread. Sorry but I didn't go back into to that thread and left some questions unanswered such as:

If we're in pot 3 are we team 3?:
Not sure but I thought this sequence favoured the team with the higher coefficient so didn't question it.

What if City & Utd are both at home:
One will be on a Tuesday and one on a Wednesday. This is probably subject to Greater Manchester Police approval. Can anyone remember the Milan teams playing ECL at home on consecutive days, this will be the tester because they play in the same stadium?

Sequence from previous years:
I took the sequence from UEFA 2011-12 competition handbook, TFEH- I'll see if I can find previous handbooks.

Are these home and away fixtures set in stone?:
Absolutely not, but it gives those hoping to go to on an away trip an indication of which weeks we are likely to travel and you can prepare yourself what if scenarios to look up. Write down team, airport, who flies there and from which UK airport. With a bit of advance research in the next week you might be able to get a £60 return flight instead of a £200 one 2 hours later when everyone jumps on it. Forewarned is forearmed.

I guess we all need to wait and see.

What is definite is we are in pot 3 and can't move into pot 2 or 4 regardless of who gets through this qualifying round.

I guess the big unknown in terms of actual nights playing is because of the other shower being in the same competition and what GMP proposes so we'll have to wait and see on that once the draw is made next Thursday evening.

Carver said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
I'd hang fire on those dates liam because i've already done that and I checked the sequence for clubs in previous years and they didn't follow it. Now either the sequence is a new thing for this season or it isn't quite as set in stone as you may think. If someone could clarify this I'd be very greatful

Failing that, anyone any idea when the fixture dates will be confirmed by uefa?

Eh up guys, I previously got the sequence off UEFA for ECL 2011-12 and the coeffs off another site, worked it all out and posted it on another thread. Sorry but I didn't go back into to that thread and left some questions unanswered such as:

If we're in pot 3 are we team 3?:
Not sure but I thought this sequence favoured the team with the higher coefficient so didn't question it.

What if City & Utd are both at home:
One will be on a Tuesday and one on a Wednesday. This is probably subject to Greater Manchester Police approval. Can anyone remember the Milan teams playing ECL at home on consecutive days, this will be the tester because they play in the same stadium?

Sequence from previous years:
I took the sequence from UEFA 2011-12 competition handbook, TFEH- I'll see if I can find previous handbooks.

Are these home and away fixtures set in stone?:
Absolutely not, but it gives those hoping to go to on an away trip an indication of which weeks we are likely to travel and you can prepare yourself what if scenarios to look up. Write down team, airport, who flies there and from which UK airport. With a bit of advance research in the next week you might be able to get a £60 return flight instead of a £200 one 2 hours later when everyone jumps on it. Forewarned is forearmed.

Match sequence: I looked at 2004/05 regulations, I think this was the 1st season with the current league format. I then checked every other season, the sequence that the matches are supposed to be played in has always been the same and as quoted here with certain provisons for 2 teams in UEFA competition from the same city/ stadium or within 50Km of one another. If the representative association I think it said (not police) says 2 teams cannot play in same area on same day:

CL team and Europa team: the Europa team has it's fixtures reversed (lets say changed)

2 CL teams: It's up to the committee to decide (i.e. we don't necessarily get fecked out of it 'cos utd have a higher coefficient- but I wouldn't bet against it). Note it says same day so they could do Tues/ Weds or make one team swap to satisfy tv schedules (more likely).

So when the draw comes out the days will still only be an indication.

As the rags will be in pot no.1 and we'll be in pot 3, if they keep the games as per pot number we would both be at home matchdays 2 and 5. What's more, we would both be away on matchdays 1 and 6 and could be flying out of Manchester Airport at the same time. Okay there are many flights but is that more of an issue. If they kept the rags fixtures as no.1 and give us fixtures for no. 2 instead of 3 then we won't clash. This all of course depends upon the teams that we draw and how it affects them as well.

Well, me brain's cabbaged now, off for some caffeine.

the pots that have been posted are very likley to change before the groups get drawn.

It's not as simple as the teams that get through the playoffs just go into pot 3 & 4 as the table posted would suggest.

If Arsenal for instance get through against Udinese, I would expect them to among the top seeds.

With bayern & Lyon also having to qualify the pots of seeds will look different come the 25th August.

Carver said:
As the rags will be in pot no.1 and we'll be in pot 3, if they keep the games as per pot number we would both be at home matchdays 2 and 5. What's more, we would both be away on matchdays 1 and 6 and could be flying out of Manchester Airport at the same time. Okay there are many flights but is that more of an issue. If they kept the rags fixtures as no.1 and give us fixtures for no. 2 instead of 3 then we won't clash. This all of course depends upon the teams that we draw and how it affects them as well.

Again that is making the assumption that because we are seeded 3 we would be number 3 in the sequence, I am 99% sure this is not the case.

bluesmith said:
Carver said:

Again that is making the assumption that because we are seeded 3 we would be number 3 in the sequence, I am 99% sure this is not the case.

Not assumed on this occasion pal, i've put a proviso in my argument, maybe I should have made the If bit clearer. I was just giving the teams a number for the sequence to show how they can easily avoid City/ rags playing at home on the same day. I just used the pot numbers as a starting point, sorry if I misled anyone.

I did, however, previously assume this when I worked the games out for another thread and earlier on in this one as that's what the UEFA regulations seemed to suggest. I've since checked it out and I can now add the extra 1%, the pot does not have a bearing on the sequence.

This is what happens:
Once we've got the 4 teams drawn in each group they feed all the team and group info into a computer. A computer draw determines the final position of the teams within their group. These positions determine the order of the home and away matches (as per the sequence). From Bert Kassies's website and I wouldn't doubt this guy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... l2011.html</a>

Carver said:
bluesmith said:
Carver said:

Not assumed on this occasion pal, i've put a proviso in my argument, maybe I should have made the If bit clearer. I was just giving the teams a number for the sequence to show how they can easily avoid City/ rags playing at home on the same day. I just used the pot numbers as a starting point, sorry if I misled anyone.

I did, however, previously assume this when I worked the games out for another thread and earlier on in this one as that's what the UEFA regulations seemed to suggest. I've since checked it out and I can now add the extra 1%, the pot does not have a bearing on the sequence.

This is what happens:
Once we've got the 4 teams drawn in each group they feed all the team and group info into a computer. A computer draw determines the final position of the teams within their group. These positions determine the order of the home and away matches (as per the sequence). From Bert Kassies's website and I wouldn't doubt this guy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uef ... l2011.html</a>
Right, I bet thats where i have previously read it too. Excellent site that one.

So baiscally there is no shortcut for cheap flights and it will just have to be a mad scramble when the fixtures are announces.....

bluesmith said:
So baiscally there is no shortcut for cheap flights and it will just have to be a mad scramble when the fixtures are announces.....

That's what it boils down to mate yes. What we need to know is whenabouts the fixture dates will be confirmed by UEFA, it seems pointless booking anything until then

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.