Champions League Final | Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - Sat 1st June

You hit the nail on the end, i.e if you don't like it, don't read it! Leave people to vent if they want. It's not embarrassing - it's their choice!
There is a 'media' thread and probably a Bellingham thread where you could 'vent' all you like. Clogging up a match thread with childish bollocks stopped me participating.
My 10 year old grandson isn't so childish

What ever it is Madrid have you cannot help but admire it.

I remember reading ‘fear and loathing in la liga’ and it talked about the history of Madrid and even back in the 50/60s they had this reputation for managing to win matches and staging comebacks almost a feeling they were never going to be beaten.

Were in a very stat focused world and so although looking at possession stats, passes in the final third etc tell us many things, actually defending your goal and taking your chances is still a part of football. People, including myself, say anyone can win a cup, that its a thing of chance but Real manage to disprove that in the most coveted trophy of all. Infuriating but they deserve recognition for how incredible they are in certain facets of the game.

They're a team that when you look through the lineup you see undoubtedly great players but a lot that don't strike fear into you. Then you watch them play and they seem to be second best in every game but find a way to win it. Their fans expect them to win, the players are never beaten and they take the one or two chances they get whilst the opposition choke and miss chance after chance.

In the past few years there's been one game where they have finally had their arses handed to them and that was our 4-0 demolition of them. But they came back and stood deeper and made it harder for us to find space behind. They took their chance and we battled and battled to get the equaliser and then missed our chance to win it. And when it came to penalties most of us felt beaten before we'd kicked a ball and even with our noses in front probably weren't too surprised we lost the shootout.

They're not a team I like. They play all the dirty tricks in the book to get over the line. When the game went to ET a few years back and we needed a goal they spent the majority of the remaining time pretending to be injured. There was very little football. But they won the game. When we conceded the first in that game, to give them a sniff there were no tricks from us. The ball went back to the centre spot and we conceded immediately. No one feeling their hamstring, no one going down injured, no one booting their players into touch.

We don't want to be a team of cheats but we need that extra bit of nous if we want to go and dominate in Europe, and I personally do. We've conquered England, broke all the records. We might still have 11 to go to have won the most league titles, but we're clearly the best side ever domestically. Now we need to go and win the CL back-to-back and add a load more European titles to our honours list. Only 14 behind Real... might take a few years to beat them. But it would be nice to get to 4 and be ahead of the rags in the not too distant future. Real will take some stopping mind.

Nah. Foden will outshine him completely. Just depends on Southgate playing him correctly, which I think he will. I can’t wait for the euros to end to be honest though.

Southgate already basically said in the press conference when announcing the squad that Foden won't be playing as a 10 and hinted he'll play of the left.

Foden is always going to play second fiddle to Bellingham for England and in the media. Foden is the better player but he won't outshine Bellingham because he won't be played in a position to utilise is full abilities.

Might as well get used to that.

There is a 'media' thread and probably a Bellingham thread where you could 'vent' all you like. Clogging up a match thread with childish bollocks stopped me participating.
My 10 year old grandson isn't so childish
Ah well, some people react differently and Bellingham did after all play in the game, and like his team mates spends a lot of time rolling around. Anyway do you have to get so wound up by those who refer to him in less than complimentary terms? Some might say, not the most mature reaction, and rather sanctimonious. I'd give the thread a wide berth for your own health, if nothing else. Forums (Forae?) can be rather emotive places straight after games.

All this fawning over Bellingham is doing my head in. He's a good player of course but the mass overreaction from Saturday is staggering. He's suddenly been promoted to galactico status and that he most definitely is not. Give me the Stockport Iniesta over him any day of the week

All this fawning over Bellingham is doing my head in. He's a good player of course but the mass overreaction from Saturday is staggering. He's suddenly been promoted to galactico status and that he most definitely is not. Give me the Stockport Iniesta over him any day of the week
You know how it ends mate. Build them up to knock them down.

They're a team that when you look through the lineup you see undoubtedly great players but a lot that don't strike fear into you. Then you watch them play and they seem to be second best in every game but find a way to win it. Their fans expect them to win, the players are never beaten and they take the one or two chances they get whilst the opposition choke and miss chance after chance.

In the past few years there's been one game where they have finally had their arses handed to them and that was our 4-0 demolition of them. But they came back and stood deeper and made it harder for us to find space behind. They took their chance and we battled and battled to get the equaliser and then missed our chance to win it. And when it came to penalties most of us felt beaten before we'd kicked a ball and even with our noses in front probably weren't too surprised we lost the shootout.

They're not a team I like. They play all the dirty tricks in the book to get over the line. When the game went to ET a few years back and we needed a goal they spent the majority of the remaining time pretending to be injured. There was very little football. But they won the game. When we conceded the first in that game, to give them a sniff there were no tricks from us. The ball went back to the centre spot and we conceded immediately. No one feeling their hamstring, no one going down injured, no one booting their players into touch.

We don't want to be a team of cheats but we need that extra bit of nous if we want to go and dominate in Europe, and I personally do. We've conquered England, broke all the records. We might still have 11 to go to have won the most league titles, but we're clearly the best side ever domestically. Now we need to go and win the CL back-to-back and add a load more European titles to our honours list. Only 14 behind Real... might take a few years to beat them. But it would be nice to get to 4 and be ahead of the rags in the not too distant future. Real will take some stopping mind.
That's more like it. Great Post.

Hahahahahahajahaha
Ah well, some people react differently and Bellingham did after all play in the game, and like his team mates spends a lot of time rolling around. Anyway do you have to get so wound up by those who refer to him in less than complimentary terms? Some might say, not the most mature reaction, and rather sanctimonious. I'd give the thread a wide berth for your own health, if nothing else. Forums (Forae?) can be rather emotive places straight after games.
Thanks for the counselling. Feel much better now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.