Champions League Final | Inter Milan - Italian Media

I’m no doom and gloomer , let’s just remember how we have struggled to score goals v Tottenham over the past few seasons , Conte was also a fan of 352 , we shouldn’t underestimate them at all , imo , we need to slap one in from outside the box , draw them out , it could be the nerves kicking in , this game won’t be easy, we need a goal or two before half time.
Inzaghi is no Conte defensively

I’m no doom and gloomer , let’s just remember how we have struggled to score goals v Tottenham over the past few seasons , Conte was also a fan of 352 , we shouldn’t underestimate them at all , imo , we need to slap one in from outside the box , draw them out , it could be the nerves kicking in , this game won’t be easy, we need a goal or two before half time.

we are probably a different animal now with Haaland, I agree we should be a little speculative too and fizz a few shots in from outside the box though.

Tal là un prescritto, sbucate pure dai tombini di Manchester eheh

As you seem to be an old timer (in football-fan terms) I have some modicum of respect towards you, so I'll advise you - next time you come across foreign forums - to "lurk" for a bit (stare nell'ombra, leggere senza commentare) before interacting with a community. It's a good way to pick up on the slang and general tone of the forums.

I understand your struggles with using common British terms; the words that are most similar to Italian are the ones perceived as "dated/highbrow" in English, and we tend to write in longer sentences compared to them. But you have to understand that you're basically coming into a Manchester pub filled with City fans, so your valiant effort at being polite might come off as posh and unbearable, and at the very least you'll be mocked a bit.
Ehilà! Guarda, per me è sempre un piacere scambiare quattro chiacchere con uno juventino alla mano, non sono uno di quei tifosi interisti un po' esagitati ahah. Certo, per me il vero derby è pur sempre contro di voi e non contro il Milan. Effettivamente avevo pensato a quello che dici e l'ho pure scritto, è il comportamento più saggio, però è la prima volta che ci capita una squadra inglese in una finale e volevo cogliere l'opportunità di fare quattro chiacchere, visto che l'inglese è una lingua internazionale. Grazie per le dritte @Uffa! :).

Sorry for the post in italian, guys, italians bumping into each other on a virtual foreign land :) I wrote I am happy and surprised to have met him in here despite him being a juventino.

Ehilà! Guarda, per me è sempre un piacere scambiare quattro chiacchere con uno juventino alla mano, non sono uno di quei tifosi interisti un po' esagitati ahah. Certo, per me il vero derby è pur sempre contro di voi e non contro il Milan. Effettivamente avevo pensato a quello che dici e l'ho pure scritto, è il comportamento più saggio, però è la prima volta che ci capita una squadra inglese in una finale e volevo cogliere l'opportunità di fare quattro chiacchere, visto che l'inglese è una lingua internazionale. Grazie per le dritte @Uffa! :).

Sorry for the post in italian, guys, italians bumping into each other on a virtual foreign land :) I wrote I am happy and surprised to have met him in here despite him being a juventino.
Yeah I adapt my behaviour depending on the type of fan I have in front of me, I'm usually quite fair even towards rival fans - unless the discussion veers into "touchy subjects" obviously. I hope you enjoy your time in this community, I found out that football forums like this one are some of the best places to become acquainted with British slang and everyday words.

Edit: And don't worry, you have it in the bag!

06-Owl-Nocturnal.gif

This season, which is different to previous seasons, we also have the added threat of Haaland on the counter to hit the spaces behind the high line. As a player he loves to play on the shoulder of the defender and once he gets goal side with his pace and strength he is a formidable player to stop, not dissimilar to Lukaku in that position.

It could be argued this is not a tactic we have used enough this season, as Pep likes to build the play and have his pieces in position, so if the attack breaks down we cannot be easily countered. However of late, when we have been pressed we have gone long to Haaland with KDB picking up the pieces playing as a 10. Case in point being the goal against United, and against Real Madrid. This season more than any other we have more answers to the questions posed of us and a much more flexible response dependent upon the opposition.

No defensively football has definitely changed and for City, in particular, the art of defending has changed. Now to be a good defender you need to be confident on the ball as if you deny the ball to the opposition, then that prevents any risk of conceding. This year we have become a lot more stable. Previous years, particularly in the big games, it was not uncommon for us to concede two or three when facing a minimal amount of possession and shots. This has changed since playing John Stones as a second pivot, as his positional change has closed the doors on any spaces for sides to exploit. Pep tinkered quite a lot around January and we are seeing the benefits now.

Anyway enjoy the game and I will look forward to your post match analysis. Just at the airport waiting for my flight.
Dzeko still holds fond memories of you. Every now and then, in Italy, has spent nice words about that period.

That Haaland movement you described is what I am afraid of. Apart having very good positioning, he can, that way, open empty spaces for incursions of his teammates. Or he can do also one-two passes.

About what you said about KDB, we have a sort of a similar variation using Bastoni throwing the ball long diagonally to catch Barella (or the other mezzala, because Inzaghi wants Barella to switch his side during the match) or Dumfries. Onana can throw long ball with precision too. (case in point one of the goal against Barcelona at Camp Nou, same tactics replied in some domestic games).

Guardiola with that new employment of Stones and the fact of having Haaland as the only man at the front, improved his "6 seconds" tactics he had at Barca. I wonder at this point, if Inzaghi let Barella be a sort of a third man on the same line of Dzeko and Lautaro to reach a sort of numeric balance with specular lines: Akanji, Dias, Walker/Aké VS Lautaro, Dzeko, Barella -> Stones, Rodri VS Calhanoglu, Brozovic -> B.Silva, Gundogan, KDB, Grealish VS Dimarco, Bastoni, Darmian, Dumfries -> Haaland VS Acerbi (with Haaland caged being Bastoni and Darmian next to Acerbi).
But in this case Bastoni should check not only KDB but also the norvegian, and it would be too much for him, lacking sometimes capacity of interpreting movements of his rivals with a creativity mind (I don't know how to say, we in Italy talk about "intelligenza calcistica superiore"), so to anticipate their ideas. Also because Bastoni was suited to work along De Vrij and Skriniar in the past.

Another thing interesting to know is what happens if KDB goes towards the sideline. Darmian being naturally a RB and a LB, even when he plays in the centre, knows how to move on the sideline (where Gundogan might be), on the contrary Bastoni should be helped by Dimarco, who didn't proved himself a good defender when needed. B. Silva could take advantage of this.

Enjoy the game too. Lucky you you can be at Istanbul, if I understood well :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.