Champions League Final | Inter Milan - Italian Media

Ehilà! Guarda, per me è sempre un piacere scambiare quattro chiacchere con uno juventino alla mano, non sono uno di quei tifosi interisti un po' esagitati ahah. Certo, per me il vero derby è pur sempre contro di voi e non contro il Milan. Effettivamente avevo pensato a quello che dici e l'ho pure scritto, è il comportamento più saggio, però è la prima volta che ci capita una squadra inglese in una finale e volevo cogliere l'opportunità di fare quattro chiacchere, visto che l'inglese è una lingua internazionale. Grazie per le dritte @Uffa! :).

Sorry for the post in italian, guys, italians bumping into each other on a virtual foreign land :) I wrote I am happy and surprised to have met him in here despite him being a juventino.

You also wrote — something which surprised me — that the real derby for you will always be with Juventus, not A.C. Milan (I studied Italian at evening classes for three years, very enjoyably, should have kept it up).
I suppose that that’s a bit like United saying that their real derby is with Liverpool. Although personally I don’t believe that one, since we’ve got right back into the equation. In the late sixties and seventies, right through the eighties, the Manchester derbies were fierce affairs. Then as we went gradually to shit, and they assumed they could beat us almost every time, they sort of stopped taking us very seriously. That, I can assure you, has changed. They were good and bitter coming out of Wembley the other day.
By the way, some of the language you’ll pick up on here is very specific to Manchester/Lancashire. And one or two items will be specific to this forum. Most football forums in this country seem to have a few words that are only used on that forum, and would leave the rest of the country mystified.

You also wrote — something which surprised me — that the real derby for you will always be with Juventus, not A.C. Milan (I studied Italian at evening classes for three years, very enjoyably, should have kept it up).
I suppose that that’s a bit like United saying that their real derby is with Liverpool. Although personally I don’t believe that one, since we’ve got right back into the equation. In the late sixties and seventies, right through the eighties, the Manchester derbies were fierce affairs. Then as we went gradually to shit, and they assumed they could beat us almost every time, they sort of stopped taking us very seriously. That, I can assure you, has changed. They were good and bitter coming out of Wembley the other day.
By the way, some of the language you’ll pick up on here is very specific to Manchester/Lancashire. And one or two items will be specific to this forum. Most football forums in this country seem to have a few words that are only used on that forum, and would leave the rest of the country mystified.
Like Barm Cake (it’s never a muffin in Manchester)

Like Barm Cake (it’s never a muffin in Manchester)

There is a small but embattled “muffin” community, I believe, who carry out resistance activities.
;-)

Never understood why some people on here refer to Arsenal as “Tarquins”. I don't know a single other group of supporters that does it (Tottenham call them “Woolwich”, of course! A bit the way we call the rags “Stretford”. Some call them “Salford”. I call them “Trafford”, it's more precise, it seems to me).
On Redcafé they always put “feckin” for “fuckin”. I don't know if it's autocorrected by the software. It seems to me to be a bit Irish.

There is a small but embattled “muffin” community, I believe, who carry out resistance activities.
;-)

Never understood why some people on here refer to Arsenal as “Tarquins”. I don't know a single other group of supporters that does it (Tottenham call them “Woolwich”, of course! A bit the way we call the rags “Stretford”. Some call them “Salford”. I call them “Trafford”, it's more precise, it seems to me).
On Redcafé they always put “feckin” for “fuckin”. I don't know if it's autocorrected by the software. It seems to me to be a bit Irish.
I imagine it's because Tarquin is a stereotypically posh name and (I assume) Arsenal are a posh/hipster club? Being Italian I've no idea, but that's the best I can come up with after finding out online that there are rich people called Tarquin

I’m no doom and gloomer , let’s just remember how we have struggled to score goals v Tottenham over the past few seasons , Conte was also a fan of 352 , we shouldn’t underestimate them at all , imo , we need to slap one in from outside the box , draw them out , it could be the nerves kicking in , this game won’t be easy, we need a goal or two before half time.
If you are a Janitor then I wish the fucking kids would have locked you in the broom cupboard till after the weekend. ;)

;-)

It's because those fucking cunts aren't allowed to say fucking or **** on their prissy arsed forum.
And because feckin is popularly used in Oirland which is the place about 50% of those rats arses infest.
I'm not anti Irish BTW just anti Irish Rag/Dippers/Arse/Villa and Celtic which doesn't leave too many I suppose.

In my case, for two/three reasons: when we were children my bro became juventino, I became an Inter fan, as also in Formula Uno we had different tastes (he liked Ferrari, I rooted for Chapman's Lotus); then because Milan is not my city, so I cannot perceive the same intensity of rivalry those inhabitans of Milan, who are Inter supporters, have against supporters of AC Milan.

Then the third reason is that AC Milan before Berlusconi's era has always been a club with many highs and lows, not at the same level of Juventus and Inter, both able, periodically, to win trophies. So to the eyes of every italian — and it was coined also an indicative way of saying by a famous journalist in the '60s — Juventus-Inter has always been the "Derby d'Italia" (Derby of Italy), because they both were the most titled clubs. So an Inter fan always aspire to achieve more and more trophies to equalize the number Juve has, a sort of a fight for the preminence. So he feels Juventus as the foe of the situation.

But my case aside, there is a "dark side" of the topic. If you ask to almost any "interista" what derby he feels more, he will (notice I use "will", not "would") say the one against Juventus, because for the average Inter fan, Juventus embodies corruption. This is the point of view of many supporters of some other major clubs (Roma, Lazio, Inter, Napoli, Fiorentina and sometimes Milan). In few words, according to a generalized but superficial vision (superficial because everyone has committed its own crimes, according to sporting codes and regulations), Juventus has always been in control of the National team, of the political choices of the federation, of referees (designations and decisions on the pitch), and also of some minor clubs.
Practically, for Inter fans, the derby against Milan is something relegated to football question, against Juventus it's a thing not related only to football, but to ethics and juridical conduct. Also for Juventus fans the real derby is not anymore against Torino, but against us, because they think Inter is the historical standard bearer of this sort of "opposition front". But it's a topic I don't like and wish to afford because it's not related properly to sport.

Last edited:
I imagine it's because Tarquin is a stereotypically posh name and (I assume) Arsenal are a posh/hipster club? Being Italian I've no idea, but that's the best I can come up with after finding out online that there are rich people called Tarquin

Dredging up my distant knowledge of Latin (and Rome in its republican era, I think), weren't the Tarquins responsible for the Rape of the Sabine Women (depicted by many a painter, especially in the nineteenth century)?
Having difficulty connecting it with Arsène Wenger, somehow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.