Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never underestimate an opposition team regardless of the competition we are in, Inter are a good team, but I am sure the club have run the rule over them and they is

Dzeko is the last I would mention from their good players :)
They have some very good players like:
Barella, an excellent midfielder very dangerous and good with the ball.
DiMarco, a high paced left back that usually goes full force on the left side to help the offence with a very sweet left foot and many contributions(6 goals, 10 assists this season). He is most probably the best left back in Italy right now. Walker would be needed there and he will need help also, as they overload all the time that side along with Brozovic.
Brozovic a well known very good and dangerous player.
Lautaro Martinez obviously on great form with Inter a very dangerous player in his day. He will play.
Lukaku well I guess you know him well :) It's between him and Dzeko for playing in the final.
Mkhitaryan excellent player, too dynamic, with good technique and dangerous on attack.
Calhanoglu a solid central midfielder but nothing too great.
Dumfries playing on right wing with a great pace is a very dangerous weapon. He is sloppy defensively though.
Onana a solid goalkeeper with a great season.

Thanks for this, sort of! isn't Mkhtaryan a United reject, drove a gold Rolls Royce?

Dumfries is a name I recognise, never understood why he never gets a game for Scotland.

Simone Inzaghi and his Inter side will have kept a close eye over Saturday afternoon’s Manchester derby in the FA Cup final, as Pep Guardiola’s City put their cross-city rivals to the sword on their way to lifting their second trophy of the season in their last game before the Champions League final on June 10.

kitbag
City, ruthless as ever against Man United at Wembley on Saturday, put in a performance worthy of the cup, but at the same time, there were still certain areas in which the domestic double winners looked vulnerable, which can only be a positive indication for Inter and Inzaghi.
The diamond in City’s extensive armoury is of course the emphatic Erling Haaland, however, the towering Norwegian is on somewhat of a mini goal drought by his usual meteoric standards. The Premier League golden boot winner has been kept quiet in his last four games, not finding the net since the 3-0 win over Everton on May 14.
At the other end of the pitch, England international and arguably one of the Premier League’s greatest ever right-backs, Kyle Walker, found himself under pressure on numerous occasions on Saturday afternoon.
The 32-year-old, though blessed with pace, was given a tough test from United’s exciting young Spaniard Alejandro Garnacho when Erik Ten Hag brought him on midway through the second half. Walker, particularly towards the end of the game, did not look quite as comfortable as he often does.
And, whilst Guardiola’s squad is overflowing with brilliant defensive options, those who do play are not always given the necessary support from City’s wide attackers during the defensive phases of the game. Jack Grealish, more often that not, is one of those suspects.
With Inzaghi preferring a system that utilises wing-backs, Inter’s Denzel Dumfries and Federico Dimarco could come in handy if they are able to get themselves into the right positions between City’s wingers and full-backs in Istanbul.
Still, there is plenty to be wary of. Ilkay Gundogan’s brace served as a reminder that goals can come from all over the pitch when City take to the field, and the German international’s midfield partners, Rodri and Kevin De Bruyne would likely walk into practically any other starting line-up in the world.
John Stones, now adept at stepping into the midfield during the build-up, is staking a claim as being one of the world’s finest centre halves, and whilst he hasn’t scored for four games, dealing with Erling Haaland is a tough ask for any team in any game, regardless of the occasion.
Inter, too, are a decent side as well, of course, and have reached the Champions League final on merit. They have attacking threats on their own and certainly won’t make life easy for City with their rigid defensive set-up either.
The Nerazzurri are also one of only six clubs in Europe to have completed the cup treble and only one team in England have managed the same. Still, It will take some performance if Inter are to prevent Guardiola and his team from becoming the seventh team on that list next weekend.

I really want to win this!!!

After yesterday, when i think about it now, i get nervous, but i think we'll win, all we need to do is show up and play our game.

If this team is all fit, we've arrived in great condition. Our main players have had a nice rest and had a game yesterday to get the rust out.

I'd make two changes from yesterday though. Ederson comes back in and Foden starts. He's fit, fresh and has been playing well. I'd play him instead of Bernardo, or maybe Grealish who both looked off it yesterday.

Ederson

Walker
Stones
Dias
Akanji

Foden
Rodri
Gundogan

KDB
Haaland
Grealish

COME ON CITY!!!

Thanks for this, sort of! isn't Mkhtaryan a United reject, drove a gold Rolls Royce?

Dumfries is a name I recognise, never understood why he never gets a game for Scotland.

I guess you talk about a different Dumfries. The one Inter has is this:

I first saw him on Euro 2020 with Netherlands and he was an extremely paced footballer with great technique and dribbling ability!
I mean I was like OMG what a player! But he never progressed in the same path. He remains a very good player but for some reasons that have to do with his unsteady game, he never reached his potential.

Inter have won 19 games by a single goal margin in all competitions this season. Not that I watched these games, but imagine that they are capable of protecting a small lead. Obvious, but we need to score first. Come on City.

They are in the final for a reason. Will be a tough game and we need to be on top of ours. Cmon City

Yeah they got the easy side of the draw.

Porto
Benfica
Milan

Beaten off Bayern.

Thats why they're in this final lets not beat around the bush. We should be putting them to bed the same way we have done to every other team in this competition.

4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.