Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking like Istanbul is a write off for me. Multiple things just not falling into place, absolutely gutted. Next best thing is going into Manchester to watch. Can anyone give me some info on where most City are going to be?

This. No need to change a winning team. It's just trying to be too clever.

Agreed. I want Pep to pick that team and give the players the confidence to go out and show they are the best team in Europe. They've earned the right.

Looking at Inter's recent form, they really don't concede many goals. I can see this being an attritional battle and we may well need Mahrez, Foden and Alvarez from the bench if we need to be more aggressive in the later stages of the game. The benefits of our current system is the flexibility and adaptability, for example Bernardo's performance away in Madrid was vastly different to his performance at home. Likewise, I would expect him to be a lot more aggressive against Inter than he was against united, where he was brilliant at nullifying the threat of Shaw carrying the ball forward.

Walker is immense at dealing with quick wingers, but do Inter pose a threat in this way? Is their left wing back a threat in advanced areas that we need Walker's pace to counter it? If not do we play someone at right back better in possession, like Stones or Akanji, to give us more control? If Inter pose a threat at set pieces aswell then it makes sense for Ake to come in at the expense of Walker, and switch Akanji to right back.
They seem always to play 3-5-2, but it is not park the bus EPL 3-5-2 and that's the reason I find them interesting to watch. It looks more like old school 4-4-2 where very often Edin/Lautaro keeps pressing quite high, which is not going to work against us...at all! On the left is is almost always Bastoni back on the left with Dimarco/Gosens in front of them. But they have this peculiar habit of kicking balls forward to the left, where Edin or Dimarco picks the ball pinging it back horizontally into the MF and then they all pile up and overload for through ball usually to Lautaro or somebody shooting from the edge of the box. And they have that Turkish lad with the most devastating long shot on Europe and probably in the world. It is gonna bi fun game to watch, I actually like Inzaghi as a manager, but even if we turn 60%, we'll turn them over. They don't play teams like us in Serie A and when they encountered Bayern, they could not cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.