Champions League Final | Inter (N) - Sat 10th June 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m looking to order a Final programme but the UEFA website is showing them as sold out.
Last time a Blue posted a link for buying them at a good price.
Any suggestions?

They seem always to play 3-5-2, but it is not park the bus EPL 3-5-2 and that's the reason I find them interesting to watch. It looks more like old school 4-4-2 where very often Edin/Lautaro keeps pressing quite high, which is not going to work against us...at all! On the left is is almost always Bastoni back on the left with Dimarco/Gosens in front of them. But they have this peculiar habit of kicking balls forward to the left, where Edin or Dimarco picks the ball pinging it back horizontally into the MF and then they all pile up and overload for through ball usually to Lautaro or somebody shooting from the edge of the box. And they have that Turkish lad with the most devastating long shot on Europe and probably in the world. It is gonna bi fun game to watch, I actually like Inzaghi as a manager, but even if we turn 60%, we'll turn them over. They don't play teams like us in Serie A and when they encountered Bayern, they could not cope.
I think your last point there is a particularly good one, echoed by an Italian guy I work with who is from Rome, Lazio fan but lives in London and loves the premier league.

He says that they just don’t face anything like it in their league. It’s difficult in a nervy final to bulldoze them and completely be ourselves but if we can manage it on level he’s convinced they will struggle a lot.

He says we’re miles better but of course anything can happen, we just have to back the brand of football we’ve been playing the last few months even if they do get us on the break.

Reckon the sheer relief of getting through today maybe coming through as overconfidence on the forums but I don’t think we’ll see that from the lads next Saturday, in no way they’ll underestimate IM - they’ve seen off just as formidable opponents on their way to the final as us. That said, the confidence lift from today in addition to knowing that that Lahoz will be on a beach fucking miles away from the game is massive. Yes, we’ll get the shithousery etc but we’ll get past them.
Tottenham, Benfica and AC Milan?

No brainfart please pep, play the game not the occassion, leave everything on the pitch

Containing myself till i see the team news , i dont trust pep ! The madrid team please

I am Italian, I think you don't know inter and Italian soccer very well. Inter played a very strange path in the league, in CL and Coppa Italia they showed a very different game. Definitely City is favored but you should not take the result for granted. There will be no bus, City always concedes something and inter's counterattacks are deadly.

They seem always to play 3-5-2, but it is not park the bus EPL 3-5-2 and that's the reason I find them interesting to watch. It looks more like old school 4-4-2 where very often Edin/Lautaro keeps pressing quite high, which is not going to work against us...at all! On the left is is almost always Bastoni back on the left with Dimarco/Gosens in front of them. But they have this peculiar habit of kicking balls forward to the left, where Edin or Dimarco picks the ball pinging it back horizontally into the MF and then they all pile up and overload for through ball usually to Lautaro or somebody shooting from the edge of the box. And they have that Turkish lad with the most devastating long shot on Europe and probably in the world. It is gonna bi fun game to watch, I actually like Inzaghi as a manager, but even if we turn 60%, we'll turn them over. They don't play teams like us in Serie A and when they encountered Bayern, they could not cope.
Thanks for this, it's interesting to hear how the match might play out. So, the ball into the left to Dimarco/Gosens/Edin do they tend to be high or low? I expect we will want to be rigorously challenging these. If they don't tend to get down the flank much will this favour Akanji over Walker?

Good points made! I feel a little less nervous now. Might try and watch that Bayern game if I can find it. If they press us we will hammer them.

Need to get in front of Edin at set-pieces and trying to bring Mkhitaryan and Latauro into play.

Need to play high, as I don't think they have anyone who can run away from Walker on the cover?

Keep them away from free-kicks and corners, and I think it will make life much easier for us.

Inter impressed me against Milan, but they really didn't have many questions asked of them defensively.

I genuinely think they don't come up against players like Erling and Kev much, and that's where we can make the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.