Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

Wembley is next season for the 8th time. It won't be this season.
They will likely switch years.

UEFA like Wembley. Most seats, most corporate facilities and built-in shops on Wembley Way that sell merchandise. They had the finals there in 2011 and 2013. Their official reason for hosting the 2013 final there was to celebrate 150 years of the Football Association, however, all of the sponsors at the time knew that it was a flimsy excuse to just be able to milk the cow one more time. I still think it will be Istanbul but Wembley will definitely be the preferred option if it isn't Istanbul.

Ffs I’ve got a flight booked. Already lost over £200 on a flight the last time it was moved. Destined never to get to the place!

I’d love it if this was moved as there is no way I’d set foot in Turkey again. I worked there on a large power generation project for 15 months in 2001/2, and have been scarred by the experience ever since. Horrible place once you move away from the holiday resorts (which I’ve heard are meant to be ok) although the people I encountered worked there in the summer months which means I’d never set foot in them either. I’m gutted it’s in Turkey so would welcome a move. Fingers crossed

I’m sure uefa are taking your feedback on board mate.

What are the chances of it moving?

That link was the daily mail so quite usual for some hyperbole!
Not likely. It's only a small possibility.

I used to book flights in anticipation of City getting to the final but having a decent weekend away if we didn't get there. I've held off since Covid from doing this sort of thing because it's become too unpredictable. Some airlines offer flexible tickets, so really that is the only option when booking pre-emptively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.