Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

Shocked that people are even suggesting that we wouldn't take 20k if we get there.
I gambled on my flights before Christmas, and I've got enough points to be able to get one of the €70 tickets.

I just don't think we have 20k fans with deep enough pockets. 60k+ may want to go, but it could easily be more than £1.5k for just flights and a ticket. Hotels, other transport, beer tokens, on top (albeit it's fairly cheap when you get there).

A week after a potential FA Cup final which can easily cost a few hundred quid.

This is a situation where I'll happily be proven wrong, but I just don't see it.

I think it would be a great effort to take 15k-ish.

I gambled on my flights before Christmas, and I've got enough points to be able to get one of the €70 tickets.

I just don't think we have 20k fans with deep enough pockets. 60k+ may want to go, but it could easily be more than £1.5k for just flights and a ticket. Hotels, other transport, beer tokens, on top (albeit it's fairly cheap when you get there).

This is a situation where I'll happily be proven wrong, but I just don't see it.

I think a lot will depend on how many flights the club charter for day trips which will at least help keep costs down. You might still be looking at £500+ for one of those before ticket cost and falling over water money is taken into account but it would be a cheaper option than spending a night or three there.

I think a lot will depend on how many flights the club charter for day trips which will at least help keep costs down. You might still be looking at £500+ for one of those before ticket cost and falling over water money is taken into account but it would be a cheaper option than spending a night or three there.
That’s true mate but if we win it would you want to come home the same night or party the weekend away in Istanbul ps I already know the answer to this:) see you over there for the weekend bud

I think the sad fact of the matter is if you can afford a season ticket these days then 80% or 90% of them can afford a trip away. It just feels like the sort of trip that even casual(ish) fans will go for. And if push comes to shove people will go Istanbul over Wembley.

I hope people who ain’t fair weather fans get a ticket before glory hunters like you if I’m honest
Ha ha I've been a season ticket holder since 98/99 and on the CL scheme. I think I'll be alright.
My post was in response to some people suggesting we couldn't sell out 20k for the final. My point is I don't think we will have a problem at all.

Can’t see a day trip would be possible for this due the distance
Gotta be a min two nighter

I'm 99% sure that the game will be played in Istanbul. Obviously we have to beat Real Madrid first, but assuming we do then that gives people three-and-a-half weeks to sort themselves out.

Of the 20,000, I reckon 3,000ish would be siphoned off by the club. You're then looking at whether or not we could shift 17,000. In all honesty, I think it would be touch-and-go. Much will depend on the flights offered by the club. We could also be looking at 2-3,000 of our allocation being category 1 and 2 tickets, which will put many off. In reality, these made up a very small number in Porto and the free flight definitely increased the uptake. But there won't be free flights this time, so many trippers would be looking at a cost in excess of £1k. When you factor in the FA Cup semi-final, possibly an FA Cup final and season ticket renewals around the corner (not to mention the general increased costs of just about everything), this could be a bridge too far for many.

My prediction is that everyone who wants one will get one. The two cheaper categories of tickets will sell out at some point during S/T holders not on the cup scheme. We will probably sell them all when the criteria goes to something like S/T holders being able to buy additional tickets. This is purely a gut feel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.