Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

Honestly they should've compensated the Turkish FA (????) in 2021 and moved it around as planned instead of keep moving it a month before.
However, the call (I've seen from some commentators) to keep it in the major cities like Paris, London, Munich, Amsterdam etc... is great on paper until you see what transcended last year when the dip played Real.

Why don’t they postpone the election until after the final? Simples. The Turkish tourist board should be pressing for this so too UEFA and football has quite a powerful voice.
Why would they postpone an election that will affect tens of millions of Turkish people because a few thousand foreigners want to come and watch a football match?

I can remember that, it looked and sounded mental. The Turks are nutters. Typical City, finally get to a champions league final which thousands of us can attend and we’ll have to choose which political party we want to fight for!
That’s easy, just choose the one that’s closest to City colours!

First round of voting is the 14th May. I read online the other day that they (erdogan or opposition) need a 50% majority to win first time round, if not it’ll go to a second round of voting which is 28th May. No idea what the best outcome would be at this point
Erdogan loses his supporters will cause riots and civil unrest, if it is close on the 14th or an opposition win then Waffa should move it, leaving it until 2 weeka before takes the piss for fans, other venue cities, and teams

Erdogan loses his supporters will cause riots and civil unrest, if it is close on the 14th or an opposition win then Waffa should move it, leaving it until 2 weeka before takes the piss for fans, other venue cities, and teams
Agree - I don’t see a positive outcome really & is likely to get moved in my opinion

Why would they postpone an election that will affect tens of millions of Turkish people because a few thousand foreigners want to come and watch a football match?
Because the final attracts a global audience of a billion or more potential visitors to not just Istanbul but Turkey

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.