Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

With the final whistle being at pretty much midnight, whats everyones plans for getting back to hotels? Looks like public transport is a no go at that time and the odds of that many fans all getting taxi's is slim to none

Surely they'll have to put something on? Can't be leaving 70k fans with no way of getting back to the city

Can anyone realistically see it getting moved this late on?
I’ve been checking the Turkish news channels since this being moved information was raised and it seems everything is calm over there, but the election is not until 14th and it could blow up following it. Also just watched programme from last night on bbc2, I know propaganda channel, but it was very interesting all about Erdogan the President of Turkey, and his rise to power, part 2 is on tonight. It may give an insight into how violent it could get.

With the final whistle being at pretty much midnight, whats everyones plans for getting back to hotels? Looks like public transport is a no go at that time and the odds of that many fans all getting taxi's is slim to none
When the dippers were there they had fleets of buses taking them back to the city centre

A woman I work with has had property in Turkey for the last 20 years, she's just got back from a two week trip and says the prices for have absolutely rocketed to levels she's never seen before. She was showing me her receipts for some of the prices she paid.

£20 for burger and chips
£15 for 2 ice creams and a can of coke
£7 for a single spirit and mixer
£12 for 2 beers.

She seems to think it's part of some political plan to ruin tourism and de-westernise the tourist areas.

That's the absolute earliest. Assuming a normal 8.00pm ko for the UK, that's 10.00pm local in Istanbul just to kick off. If it went to extra time and pens and then see the trophy presented to Ilkay, it could well be nearer 1.30am.

A woman I work with has had property in Turkey for the last 20 years, she's just got back from a two week trip and says the prices for have absolutely rocketed to levels she's never seen before. She was showing me her receipts for some of the prices she paid.

£20 for burger and chips
£15 for 2 ice creams and a can of coke
£7 for a single spirit and mixer
£12 for 2 beers.

She seems to think it's part of some political plan to ruin tourism and de-westernise the tourist areas.
We went in August and prices then were a lot more than they had been previously..glad I'm going to Tunisia instead this year

Surely they'll have to put something on? Can't be leaving 70k fans with no way of getting back to the city
Free Shuttle Bus service on matchday

Make use of the free Shuttle Bus services between the airports, the city centre, and Atatürk Olympic Stadium, both before and after the match!

A detailed schedule will be published closer to the Final.

Via Uefa Website (https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/event-guide/getting-there/)

Normally we would have booked a weekend break in Istanbul as we did in Milan, Kiev, Madrid, and Paris.

I remain convinced that this match could be relocated at short notice. The Turkish General Election could turn nasty.

If Erdogan loses the election, he will probably refuse to accept the outcome and it will all kick off. If he wins under questionable circumstances, the opposition will probably riot.

The first round is on 14 May and, if necessary, the runoff is on 28 May. The first round results will give an indication if the results are likely to be accepted.

I will think about booking next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.