Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

I’ve had my hotel booking cancelled by the hotel. Obviously going to resell at 4 times the price, wankers.

A woman I work with has had property in Turkey for the last 20 years, she's just got back from a two week trip and says the prices for have absolutely rocketed to levels she's never seen before. She was showing me her receipts for some of the prices she paid.

£20 for burger and chips
£15 for 2 ice creams and a can of coke
£7 for a single spirit and mixer
£12 for 2 beers.

She seems to think it's part of some political plan to ruin tourism and de-westernise the tourist areas.
Fack sake let's hope it's moved to Cardiff.

I want to book a flight but the whole moving fiasco is putting me off more than not getting there as worst case scenario I’ll have a 3 day holiday in Istanbul haha

Nowhere is ideal for the metro to the stadium. Will require 3 or 4 changes to get back to Taksim and take at least an hour.

Under normal circumstances, it would cost about £15 in a taxi (the currency exchange is massively in our favour) but I suspect there won't be enough taxis around, and they'll up the rates.

Most likely to get an alcoholic drink in and around Taksim and Galata though (it's hit and miss).
Cheers. Yeah, I knew it was a few changes to get to and from the stadium but should be able to get there and back nonetheless. I take it with it being a 10pm kick-off that it will run into the early hours to allow fans to get back to the city?

Done a little bit of a recce around Taksim on Google Maps today and it seems there’s a fair few bar/restaurant type places and as you say with the exchange rate being in our favour - 20-odd lira to the pound vs about 2.5 lira to the pound when I was over there 20 years ago! - the beer should be cheap enough if I find somewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.