Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

Just had another check again searching about it. Seems it was and still is Miggy that reported this and he hasn’t reported on it since April 17th. He’s known to be wrong from time to time is Señor Delaney. Surely there would be more snippets being leaked from UEFA or more reporting on it if they thought it was a possibility. Obviously if it kicks off after the election result it’s a different matter but I don’t think they envisage trouble at this stage, or am I wrong?

Normally we would have booked a weekend break in Istanbul as we did in Milan, Kiev, Madrid, and Paris.

I remain convinced that this match could be relocated at short notice. The Turkish General Election could turn nasty.

If Erdogan loses the election, he will probably refuse to accept the outcome and it will all kick off. If he wins under questionable circumstances, the opposition will probably riot.

The first round is on 14 May and, if necessary, the runoff is on 28 May. The first round results will give an indication if the results are likely to be accepted.

I will think about booking next week.
This is worrying - I have already booked flights

I want to book a flight but the whole moving fiasco is putting me off more than not getting there as worst case scenario I’ll have a 3 day holiday in Istanbul haha
Seems like you might have quite a bit of company ;-)

If it is gonna kick off it’s far less risky to book a cheap getaway anywhere in Turkey (and cost effective) there are dozens of cheap internal flights, I had a holiday booked there when the last military coup kicked off, it only lasted a couple of days, TUI where great, they gave us the option to change etc free of charge, if there is political unrest/an uprising and it gets moved, no doubt it will be in a big city & a distinct possibility of it being very touristy, you could then change your plans for free

I heard a rumour that the clubs are being advised to prepare for it to be moved to Barcelona.
Isn't the Nou Camp getting redevelopment work done soon as the season finishes? Pretty bad choice of ground to pick if this is true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.