Champions League Final | Istanbul or could it be moved?

I booked my flight on 10th June last year. I'm the first to admit I'm not big on Turkish politics so my apologies for not for seeing an election 11 months later that could/may cause issues.
I would suggest you squarely fall in the “you knew the risks” camp that applies to anyone booking anything 11 months in advance, especially when it comes to a final in a knockout tourney. ;-)

I had Paris booked with free cancellation last year and then the fuckers at City decided not to make it! Still not had the thumbs up from my mrs for this one so unless it does move I'm out unfortunately.

I would suggest you squarely fall in the “you knew the risks” camp that applies to anyone booking anything 11 months in advance, especially when it comes to a final in a knockout tourney. ;-)
I knew the risks in terms of a city qualification yes as our intention was/is to still go to Istanbul for a 4 day break if City didn't make the final however if they do now and it gets moved then we will obviously go to follow City wherever that is so we will lose out and I maintain we couldn't have forseen in June last year this possibility unless you are heavily into Turkish politics which I am not.

It is what it is I will have no option but to accept a change I have not said its a piss take as fully accept that safety would have to come first but I don't agree with your interpretation that any City fans booking knew the risks so has no right to moan. It may well be that if the government advise against travel we can claim back on insurance we will see.

I just hope UEFA make a decision ASAP so as not to cause huge inconvenience to a large number of people.

I knew the risks in terms of a city qualification yes as our intention was/is to still go to Istanbul for a 4 day break if City didn't make the final however if they do now and it gets moved then we will obviously go to follow City wherever that is so we will lose out and I maintain we couldn't have forseen in June last year this possibility unless you are heavily into Turkish politics which I am not.

It is what it is I will have no option but to accept a change I have not said its a piss take as fully accept that safety would have to come first but I don't agree with your interpretation that any City fans booking knew the risks so has no right to moan. It may well be that if the government advise against travel we can claim back on insurance we will see.

I just hope UEFA make a decision ASAP so as not to cause huge inconvenience to a large number of people.
I was going to suggest requesting refund on the basis of government restriction on travel if they do advise against entering Turkey and hope that is an option for you and all blues in this situation!

Daily Mirror running with the Istanbul confirmation so it must be trueIMG_6447.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6447.jpg
    IMG_6447.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 29

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.