Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Ticket sorted today- going Liverpool to Sofia (Thursday to Monday). Sleeper train from Sofia to Istanbul on Friday evening. Overnight bus back from Istanbul to Sofia on Sunday evening. A couple nights in decent hotels as the other two nights will be shit nights probably on train/bus respectively. £330 including accommodation, flights, train/bus and match ticket. Buzzing an understatement
We're on the same bus back, let's hope lots of smiling blues

good morning manchester,
2nd roumd elwctions started today. i am on duty as a workers party member (TIP).
we will see the results probably after 19.00 gmt. i will.keep you informed.

erdogan (current president) will win 90% i believe. unfortunately for us. but i will keep you informed.

you do not neet to concern at the moment. whatever the resiult is there will bd financial issues this week. it will not be to your disadvamtage again.

.i dont want to be a scaremobger again :))) but still there is a very vert little risk, if opposition (us) wins. less then 1%. we will see. so dont worry. dont believe anything you hear from media or social.media.
things are calm in turkey ( not financially but politically)
i ll keep you informed. cheers. have a njce sunday. drink for me...
i ll drink tonight but it will be a hard day, i will be very tired probably.

cheers
live forever

ps: any questions? i am checking my mails. mail.me

This could be a long,hot day so I say wear a cap,take sunscreen but above all

TAKE A FULLY CHARGED POWER BANK with an appropriate lead

This is good advice ;-))
Do you reckon you'll be allowed in the ground with one? I've not got accommodation so need to take everything with me. Im sure i heard stories about Rangers fans at the europa final in Seville last year getting them taken off them at the gate.

Still haven't booked anything and each day brings a prospective plan.

Latest:

Wednesday 7th, drive down to Luton for overnight stay.

3 nights A/I with Loveholiday, £320:

Thursday 8th fly Luton to Varna 0900h. Land at 1435h. 1½ transfer to Sunny Beach included.
Sunday 11th fly Varna to Luton 1935h, so given tf etc, need to leave hotel 1430h/1500h.
Land in Luton at 2115h then drive back home

I've found a bloke running a coach from Sunny Beach 8am Saturday morning to Istanbul and returning after the game.

Still all ifs, buts and maybes, but it's tempting!

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:
I'm on the 08.30 flight out of SAW and planning to go straight from the ground to the airport. It's quite a lengthy journey apparently. Anyone else on that flight? In theory it sounds like there's more than enough time but (and I blame 58 years of watching City) I'm panicking that it'll all go tits up and I'll miss my flight back. I'm assuming that UEFA will be running coaches to both airports not just IST.

Still haven't booked anything and each day brings a prospective plan.

Latest:

Wednesday 7th, drive down to Luton for overnight stay.

3 nights A/I with Loveholiday, £320:

Thursday 8th fly Luton to Varna 0900h. Land at 1435h. 1½ transfer to Sunny Beach included.
Sunday 11th fly Varna to Luton 1935h, so given tf etc, need to leave hotel 1430h/1500h.
Land in Luton at 2115h then drive back home

I've found a bloke running a coach from Sunny Beach 8am Saturday morning to Istanbul and returning after the game.

Still all ifs, buts and maybes, but it's tempting!

What could possibly go wrong?

That looks a good plan. Look at Heathrow and Gatwick mate. If you can get out there on the Thursday, you may be better flying direct to Istanbul and getting a cheap Airbnb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.