Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

ohh, one more thing,

i ve bought 30 torches (in blue) for the matchday, for nevizade...i ll keep a few for my self, and distrubute the rest to fans in nevizade. torches are a tradition in turkey, they are safe. and great. a torch will increase the effecitiveness of a chant x10 times.
anyone needs more torches, you may find in Eminönü, or Kadıkoy. also other fireworks.
i lived in amsterdam for 5 years. the best thing in amsterdam is the fireworks in new years eve. dutch people go crazy with fireworks in new years eve, it is only allowed there on that day.
torches are great :)) not allowed in the stadium, for sure :))

Last edited:
--------------------WARNING---------------
i ve just checked if my contactless credit/debit card workng in metro. IT IS NOT WORKING. altough it is announced that we may use them starting from 2023.

so, you have to buy ISTANBULCARD for transportation.

I also talked with the guy working there. Credit cards are not working in machines which you can buy ISTANBULCARD. So you have to put some Turkish lira to the machines to buy your istanbulcards.

He also told me that, istanbulcard application for mobile phones is not suitable for tourists. it uses mobile phone numbers, so it is problematic. dont use that app.

cheers.

--------------------WARNING---------------
i ve just checked if my contactless credit/debit card workng in metro. IT IS NOT WORKING. altough it is announced that we may use them starting from 2023.

so, you have to buy ISTANBULCARD for transportation.

I also talked with the guy working there. Credit cards are not working in machines which you can buy ISTANBULCARD. So you have to put some Turkish lira to the machines to buy your istanbulcards.

He also told me that, istanbulcard application for mobile phones is not suitable for tourists. it uses mobile phone numbers, so it is problematic. dont use that app.

cheers.
You have been very helpful on this forum giving
Up your time to pass on good and useful information I speak on behalf of everyone travelling thank you

cheers mate,
please share this ISTANBULCARD info with everyone, if you can.
The metro is free on match day according to UEFA app.

Getting around Istanbul​

Free matchday travel in Istanbul for ticket holders
Ticket holders can access shuttle buses and public transport for free on matchday when using the Fan Pass on the Champions League app. Log in with the same account you used for your tickets.

Are any blues on this flight below going out?

MAN > IST @ 2:25am > 8:25 - 9th of June

Let me know how you’re getting from the airport to Istanbul and if you want to share a cab?

What if you don’t have a ticket
Walk, Istanbulcard or jib on (not that I’m advocating that!!!)

Ive never been so don’t know how the system works. I don’t expect theyll have conductors on Metro but I could be wrong. I suspect it will pretty much be hop on, hop off for free all day. Too busy to be checking tickets etc. I’ve got three free passes loaded on my phone but will only likely be using two for the majority of time so I’d always help a blue out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.