Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Just wondered if anyone is on the 4.40pm from Heathrow Thursday?We are heading to a hotel in Fatih and looking at transport.Just 2 of us going to book a taxi.

Good morning Dave, and Manchester,

Gala stadium is also out of the city. and transportation is always a problem for us after the game.

on the final, i am sure it will be too crowded. but our municipality is great, they will be well prepared. they are waiting for you. there will be hunderds of busses, and additional metro's on that day. but anyway, yes, metro entrances may be a little crowded. i dont believe you ll wait too much. 20-30 minutes max maybe.

my best day of my life, 17th may 2000, kopenhagh, Gala-Arsenal UEFA cup final. we won on penalties. that was our first and only (we won the super cup 3 months later, but not counting that one) european cup.

the thing is, before and during the game, you get exchaused too much physically and pscyhologolically. i am an academician, have hunderds of students, some of them gala fans. when they learn that i was in copenhagen they as me, what we have done after the game. asl i told you, since you get too exhausted, your body uses all the horomones during the game, you get in to a very calm, peaceful stage. it is like, the pschological state after a great sex :)))) i am serious. we call it homeostatsis in psychology.

so in kopenghagen, after winning the trophy, we were so calm, go to the center (tivoli the name i think), eat at burger king, than go to our hotels ( i drink with arsenal fans, they were nice after the game:)) not before, many incidents happened before the game), drink a little and went to sleep :)) strange is not it. we did not party. but the best thing is, coming back to your hometown, after the game. the airport and the plane will be so much fun for you.

but you will be istanbul, so i strongly recommend to come to taksim, besiktas or kadıkoy after the game. even if you feel exchausted. i will be there, i dont know which one of the regions i will be, we ll see, i will be exhausted also. before the game i am at nevizade (maybe besiktas later). it is your decision what to do; but the transportation will not be a big problem i believe.

one more thing, just came to my mind
as city fans, you lived a similar sitiuation (psychological) in 2012, aguero goal. i wathed the clips of those game, thousands of times, still watching. my fav video is the one called ''Look what it's done to me''. i am pasting the link below. i know so many grown man cried that day. but the gentelman at 4:50, i love him so much. if anyone knows him, reading this post. send him my greetings and respects. if he is coming to istanbul i wanna meet him and kiss his bald head. i am serious :)))

actually, as i told you, i am the biggest OASIS fan in Turkey. if i am writing here, if i am a manchester fan, thanks to OASIS. i ve seen them many times (2000 wembley, 2009 amsterdam, marseille, 2018 liam istanbul). it is such a fun and honour meeting you guys, i am having so much fan chatting with you. i ve already met a fan - we ll have beer in istanbul - who lives in the street of liams's mom and aunt. So, i know it is a very low possibility maybe, but if anyone knows liam or noel, send my greetings and respects also.

so, come on city...CITY IS OURS (LOUD PROUD AND LOYAL) we are waiting for you. come to taksim, besiktas or kadıkoy after game. whatever you like
cheers.

Top man! Your contribution to this thread has been great.

Just spotted direct flights from Manchester to SAW. The out is 02:10 arriving at 8:10am Saturday and returning 22:30 Sunday so you'd only need one night in a hotel, £633.

@kerem gokmen how long will a taxi take on the day of the game from taksim to the stadium?

And how far away from the stadium will the taxi drop off point be?

We are on the south side of the stadium

Anyone else booked on the 9.10 to SAW on the Saturday arriving at 3.10? I booked it a few weeks ago but now panicking I wont be at the ground in time!

I can see there's another flight at 2.35am arriving 8.35am, it'd be another £200 but at least it'll put my mind at ease knowing I'll make the game!

Anyone else booked on the 9.10 to SAW on the Saturday arriving at 3.10? I booked it a few weeks ago but now panicking I wont be at the ground in time!

I can see there's another flight at 2.35am arriving 8.35am, it'd be another £200 but at least it'll put my mind at ease knowing I'll make the game!

If it's on time I think you have 7 hours until kick off which is 10pm.local time.

best route at the moment 16.30 pm shows 38 km/50 minutes. since there is traffic at the moment.
the shortest route is like 25km but it takes more time at the moment.

so, it will depend on matchday, about the hour. you ll probably go there after 17.00 pm i assume. so the best route will be 38km/50 minutes (maybe a little less time)

from taxi drop off, i think you ll walk max 300metres for the southern side.
metro station is in the north.
cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.