Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

It feels like there a a good few hotels in Istanbul available for reasonable prices? Am I missing something in terms of location etc. why they're cheap?
no, Turkey is in a deep financial crisis. everything is so cheap :))

The Sofia route is still pretty cheap- you can get flights from London still for £70 return and from Liverpool for £110. Overnight bus/train is only £25 or there are day buses also
Who do you book the bus tickets with?

Loads of flights from Brussels to Istanbul ( Turkish Airways ) from £200 return .

It feels like there a a good few hotels in Istanbul available for reasonable prices? Am I missing something in terms of location etc. why they're cheap?
Istanbul is a HUGE City. It can handle a CL final easily. You will see how big the place is if you fly into Sabiha Gokcen airport as that flies over the Europe and Asia sides.

We’ve booked a week all inclusive in Bulgaria (4 hours drive away ) St Vlaz £900
Then will drive down. Job done
Somewhat ashamed to admit it, but I have some friends who are Liverpool fans who go to the games. They did the same route a few years back but were not allowed to take the hire car over the border, and he said a lot of their fans had the same issue so ending up dumping it at the border and had to get a taxi to Istanbul.

Just check the terms and conditions of the hire car.

Somewhat ashamed to admit it, but I have some friends who are Liverpool fans who go to the games. They did the same route a few years back but were not allowed to take the hire car over the border, and he said a lot of their fans had the same issue so ending up dumping it at the border and had to get a taxi to Istanbul.

Just check the terms and conditions of the hire car.
Thanks for the heads up
I did check before we booked re the car
So I should be ok

Wife, 2 kids and myself flying out Friday to Monday. Booked after the first leg so less than a grand all in

No idea where to stay, got some hotels booked on booking.com but they seem suspiciously cheap
Completely different place of course, but I did Montenegro this year through booking.com and the hotel was ‘suspiciously cheap’, in fact I assumed it was sort of flats type accommodation – nope, it turned out to be an absolutely gorgeous hotel with all inclusive buffet 3 meals a day, alcohol and soft drinks included on tap, and it’s own private beach

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.