Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

That Plovdiv flight is a bit dodgy with its self transfer time. I’m tempted to book it but any delays in Istanbul you’ll be very tight on time.
Did think this, only reason I've gone for it is there's only 3 flights out of plovdiv that day and it's a tiny airport so as long as delays aren't longer than 45 minutes it'll be fine

Fook me Impeccable! Who have you booked at this with and how?

OK, you did ask …

ATL - MAD return with Iberia, business class, 60,000 points and 300 quid

Madrid - Athens with Iberia, business class, 15,000 points and 30 quid

Athens - Istanbul with Aegean, economy class, 60 quid

Istanbul - Milan with Turkish, economy class, 85 quid

Milan - Barcelona with Singapore Airlines, economy plus, 90 quid (Yes, Singapore Airlines have what is called a 5th Freedom flight between Milan & Barcelona)

Barcelona - Madrid on the train

So about 600 quids worth of flights/train and ‘some’ Avios points.

My time in Milan is for a business trade show, everything else is for fun

I decided 3 days in Istanbul with or without City was going to be enjoyable as I’ve never been before.

I travel a lot through my business so I have about 1,000,000 points with different airlines and hotels. And I know my way around getting fare deals.

My hotel in Istanbul is free on points;
c576fde3aab22ab85ba7180c7d69f860.png

Using points also allows me to cancel for free, should I need to.

I even have contingency plans in place should the final get moved to Barcelona or Lisbon ! I’d actually lose about 85 quid if the final isn’t in Istanbul. I’d lose all of the Athens to Istanbul & the Istanbul to Milan is partly refundable.

And yes, I’m a bit OCD with travel

Last edited:
Me and a mate doing Luton - Istanbul direct, Friday to Monday on Wizz (booked as soon as Wizz announced the route so only paid £90pp)
Hotel reserved not too far from Sultanahmet area for the 3 nights.

Pretty confident the final will remain in Turkey but not on the hook for hundreds of pounds so very relaxed about it all. Gonna be an interested observer over the next couple of weeks watching the election go down over there.

Would likely still go Istanbul (assuming safe enough) even if the final was moved as it's a great city and I'll likely be priced out of any new CL final destination city.

Just booked MAN-CGN-SAW outbound and SAW-DLM-MAN on the way back for £289 and AirBnB in Sultanahmet for 9-11 Jun for £70 each. Hoping there will be a City match there that weekend or will go sightseeing and eat some premium kebabs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.