Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Screenshot_20230521_100913_WhatsApp.pngScreenshot_20230521_100927_WhatsApp.png
Was hoping for an affordable in and out flight from the club but after they gave the prices we had to book our own route, lads got GCSEs Friday and Monday so we've had to dance around that.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230521_100913_WhatsApp.png
    Screenshot_20230521_100913_WhatsApp.png
    555 KB · Views: 31
Even the connecting flight options are getting crazy now. We're going via East Mids out Fri back Sunday and the same flights are now looking at £700+. May as well pay the bit extra now and go direct taking into consideration extra travel time and costs.

Posted yesterday, but for anyone looking for cheap as possible flights, you can still get returns into Izmir from Luton for around the £200 ish mark depending on what dates you depart/return.

It's then an easy and cheap internal flight with Turkish Airlines from Izmir to suit your schedule depending on how long you're staying.

1684673137665.png
1684673201154.png

Manchester- Thessaloniki- 8hour bus to Istanbul overnight on Thurs 8th arrive Istanbul 9am on the 9th
Hotel 2 nights
Sunday 22.00 8 hour bus to Thessaloniki-arrive 7am 12th- 12pm Flight to Manchester
Price £333

Anyone flying out Saturday morning and returning Sunday, can't fly before and have to be back Sunday. How is everyone getting back to the airport after the game?
Have to remember they're 2 hours infront essentially making it a 6.5 hour trip direct. so if you're flying out Saturday you'll have to go at daybreak to get there with enough time spare as to not have to dash straight to the ground.

City official travel argoflying from 5.30am and are saying theyll be putting fans straight on the shuttle buses to the ground/ fanpark advising theres not enough time to do anything else.

Airport transfers both ways to both airports will be covered by uefa for free for all ticket holders so you don't have to worry about that.

Personally I think its VERY poor form from the Club with a 'subsidised' day trip of £995 then its £1500 for a 2 night trip.
They use a Polish Airline through sports world and a 200 seater plane @ £995 each = £199k
Airline cost MAX £50,000 all in inc landing fees etc.
Coaches £2000 max per plane.
Staff for the day trip per plane £2000 MAX per plane.
So that's £54,000 per plane? With a £200k per plane price for the day trip?

Add on if you want to do the 2 day trip? £500 for accommodation? so it's £250 a night is it?

Poor poor show, very disappointing and seeing the people commenting on here they won't be going.

Splash on that UEFA's ticket prices.

ETA Sportswold are there to make money also, but even at £100k per plane the price should be 50% of what they are selling.

Im going via Tel Aviv now ha!

As you see from Sports Options announcement, there just isn’t the opportunity to charter planes, compete with scheduled options, charge a reasonable price & make an acceptable profit.

I think demand is down compared to the norm for a CL final, primarily for economical reasons, and there are already enough options(not always direct) to satisfy current demand.

Have to remember they're 2 hours infront essentially making it a 6.5 hour trip direct. so if you're flying out Saturday you'll have to go at daybreak to get there with enough time spare as to not have to dash straight to the ground.

City official travel argoflying from 5.30am and are saying theyll be putting fans straight on the shuttle buses to the ground/ fanpark advising theres not enough time to do anything else.

Airport transfers both ways to both airports will be covered by uefa for free for all ticket holders so you don't have to worry about that.
Turkish airlines has a flight that lands just before 5pm which gives me 5 hours before ko which should be plenty of time although fucking expensive. Also means I don’t have to be at the airport at 4.00am.

Turkish airlines has a flight that lands just before 5pm which gives me 5 hours before ko which should be plenty of time although fucking expensive. Also means I don’t have to be at the airport at 4.00am.
Anyone doing Manchester pegasus depart 9.10 Saturday morning arrive 15.10 saw? Still 7 hours to get to staduim. Also any lone women travelers? Daughter won't be able to get a ticket. Hubbie supports another team but still won't to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.