Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Question for you lot. I have non refundable flights cos I’m a knob. Would political unrest leave them covered by travel insurance?

Question for you lot. I have non refundable flights cos I’m a knob. Would political unrest leave them covered by travel insurance?

Most flights are non-refundable tbf.

As mentioned above, and it does depend on your insurance company/policy but if the FCO advised against travel to Turkey then you'd be in a good position to make a claim.

If shit does kick off over there, but not enough to the extent of FCO advising against travel, then demand will likely plummet and there is then a chance airlines might consolidate flights or just cancel routes altogether, so that would be another refund possibility.

Sod that then!
They fly to Lisbon too :), albeit crap times.

My attitude was the price hike if we qualify will outweigh the cancellation fee so I was happy to take the risk and book. I took out the extra to allow for the credit refund thinking it might be moved to Lisbon or at worst there is a family trip I can go on somewhere as long as I book within 90 days.

The annoying thing about booking early is you save the risk of a price hike but you miss the price drop if they put on extra flights for people once demand rockets.

not booking anything until we're through, even then when would eufa tell us they're moving it to lisbon week before final ????
I reckon if we get through city will advise not to book anything until the venue is officially confirmed by the club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.