Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Good morning Manchester,
I am receiving tonnes of e-mails from you. Many of you changed your hotel bookings to Besiktas and Kadıkoy as i advice. well done. i hope i am helpful. Very busy week for me this week. I am not following the forum, but i get e-mail notifications and answering all of them. so any questions: mail me.
I HAVE SOME ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS AND WARNINGS, just coming to my mind.

1- First of all, congrads about your new league title. 2022 city is one of the best teams i ve ever seen in my life ( 89 milan, 09 barca, 2000 GALA :))))) i believe you are already better from those. People love city in Istanbul. Also if city wins the final, GALA will automaticly will go one round up for champs league playoffs. So all the Gala fans will be with you. (Since Juve got a ban this week, -10 points, Inter nearly guaranteed a fourth place in Seria A, so that will not be an issue). But must of the Turkish fans love City; whatever.

2- Guys, this is important. People in Besiktas and Kadıkoy are kind, well educated etc. But there are 3 things that is very sacred for Turkish People: a) our flag, b) ATATURK, c) our banknotes, and coins since it has an Ataturk picture on it.
I am a finance academican as some of you know. Turkey is in a deep deep financial trouble lately. One USD was 3-4 turkish liras in 2018, as of today 1 USD is 20 Turkish liras. Turkish lira is so worthless. and we are 5-6 times poorer. min wage was 600 USD something in 2018, now it is below 300 USD. Anyway, due to that reason, we are seeing videos of Arabic Tourists making fun of our banknotes, coins everyday. Dont do that. I know Manchester people are kind, well educated; but anyway, dont do it. Dont make fun of banknotes or flag. That's my only concern. You know, when we drink, we can make silly things. If you see any city fan doing this in public, please warn him/her. Even if you do it in Besiktas or Kadıkoy, it will not be a problem, but please dont take the risk. I dont wanna remind you the terrible incident happend in 2000 april, between gala and leeds fans. That was the reason that incident happend. Drink, shout, chant, even piss on the streets till the morning, but dont make fun of money. We are also depressed in Turkey lately due to the financial and political situation. Anyway.... You get my concern.
3- Best pubs are in Kadıkoy, 2nd best place is Besiktas for pubs and nightlife, and action. I will be in Kadıkoy on friday night, and will be in Besiktas before game. If you wanna part in a city square, party at Besiktas square (near the port), 2 minutes walk to bars street.
In 2005 final, all the liverpool fans partied at Taksim Square, it was a great day; Taksim was the best place in 2005. But things have changed. Our islamic government tried to transform Taksim a place for arabic tourists. They banned most of the pubs in taksim to put seats on the streets in 2011-2. That killed the night life. The nightlife and pubs shifted to Kadıkoy and Besiktas. Also the government tried to destroy Gezi Park (Taksim square park) in 2013 and the protestes stareted. Millions of people protested it (just write gezi protests on youteube and you will see). So taksim square also changed. We managed to save Gezi Park, but couldn stop the transformation of Taksim. Taksim square is still ok, you may party there, but besiktas is better now.
Also many of you are asking if staying at Taksim is safe. Yes, it is 100% safe. But use the main street only (ISTIKLAL Street). Dont go to the cross streets at night. there are pickpocketers. If you do, if anyone comes near you to talk or ask something, keep your distance. i ve been robbed a few times like that. apart from that, taksim is safe.
Taksim is close to besiktas, 20 minutes walk. Walk down the hill to Besiktas Stadium (Bosphorus), those streets are great. Then after Besiktas Stasium it is 10 minutes away.

4- 95% maybe more of turkish people can not speak English. In Besiktas and Kadıkoy many people speaks. Talk with teenagers for help, most of them speaks at least some English. Turkish people are kind and helpful.

5- 2nd round elections this sunday. I am a member of Workers Party (TIP), and will be on duty on Sunday. That's why i am very busy this week. Current goverment get the parliament on 14th of May, in the first round. And Erdogan (current president) get 49% of votes (he needed 50) and the opposition leader got 44%. It was a little suprising, against the surveys. But anyway, Erogan will win this sunday 95% i believe. I will keep you informed. There was a little possibility of issues before first round, since there was the possibility of Erdogan's losing; but things are calm now. I will be on duty on Sunday from 6.00 am to 22.00. I will keep you informed. It will not be an issue for you, i believe.

6- I think i scared some of you about Fatih. Dont worry, it is safe but follow my advices; ones who are staying at Fatih contact me.

Thats all for now. I am not following the forum lately, but answering all the e-mails.
any questions: mail me.

cheers and congrats again
Kerem

Tesekkurler, Kerem.

Never mind good routes. The private International Lounge at Dalaman Airport is now fully booked for the return flight on the Sunday.
As you are allowed to come and go from the Lounge can someone bring me out a bag of peanuts please.

And a pint of Effe.

Last edited:
Good morning Manchester,
I am receiving tonnes of e-mails from you. Many of you changed your hotel bookings to Besiktas and Kadıkoy as i advice. well done. i hope i am helpful. Very busy week for me this week. I am not following the forum, but i get e-mail notifications and answering all of them. so any questions: mail me.
I HAVE SOME ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS AND WARNINGS, just coming to my mind.

1- First of all, congrads about your new league title. 2022 city is one of the best teams i ve ever seen in my life ( 89 milan, 09 barca, 2000 GALA :))))) i believe you are already better from those. People love city in Istanbul. Also if city wins the final, GALA will automaticly will go one round up for champs league playoffs. So all the Gala fans will be with you. (Since Juve got a ban this week, -10 points, Inter nearly guaranteed a fourth place in Seria A, so that will not be an issue). But must of the Turkish fans love City; whatever.

2- Guys, this is important. People in Besiktas and Kadıkoy are kind, well educated etc. But there are 3 things that is very sacred for Turkish People: a) our flag, b) ATATURK, c) our banknotes, and coins since it has an Ataturk picture on it.
I am a finance academican as some of you know. Turkey is in a deep deep financial trouble lately. One USD was 3-4 turkish liras in 2018, as of today 1 USD is 20 Turkish liras. Turkish lira is so worthless. and we are 5-6 times poorer. min wage was 600 USD something in 2018, now it is below 300 USD. Anyway, due to that reason, we are seeing videos of Arabic Tourists making fun of our banknotes, coins everyday. Dont do that. I know Manchester people are kind, well educated; but anyway, dont do it. Dont make fun of banknotes or flag. That's my only concern. You know, when we drink, we can make silly things. If you see any city fan doing this in public, please warn him/her. Even if you do it in Besiktas or Kadıkoy, it will not be a problem, but please dont take the risk. I dont wanna remind you the terrible incident happend in 2000 april, between gala and leeds fans. That was the reason that incident happend. Drink, shout, chant, even piss on the streets till the morning, but dont make fun of money. We are also depressed in Turkey lately due to the financial and political situation. Anyway.... You get my concern.
3- Best pubs are in Kadıkoy, 2nd best place is Besiktas for pubs and nightlife, and action. I will be in Kadıkoy on friday night, and will be in Besiktas before game. If you wanna part in a city square, party at Besiktas square (near the port), 2 minutes walk to bars street.
In 2005 final, all the liverpool fans partied at Taksim Square, it was a great day; Taksim was the best place in 2005. But things have changed. Our islamic government tried to transform Taksim a place for arabic tourists. They banned most of the pubs in taksim to put seats on the streets in 2011-2. That killed the night life. The nightlife and pubs shifted to Kadıkoy and Besiktas. Also the government tried to destroy Gezi Park (Taksim square park) in 2013 and the protestes stareted. Millions of people protested it (just write gezi protests on youteube and you will see). So taksim square also changed. We managed to save Gezi Park, but couldn stop the transformation of Taksim. Taksim square is still ok, you may party there, but besiktas is better now.
Also many of you are asking if staying at Taksim is safe. Yes, it is 100% safe. But use the main street only (ISTIKLAL Street). Dont go to the cross streets at night. there are pickpocketers. If you do, if anyone comes near you to talk or ask something, keep your distance. i ve been robbed a few times like that. apart from that, taksim is safe.
Taksim is close to besiktas, 20 minutes walk. Walk down the hill to Besiktas Stadium (Bosphorus), those streets are great. Then after Besiktas Stasium it is 10 minutes away.

4- 95% maybe more of turkish people can not speak English. In Besiktas and Kadıkoy many people speaks. Talk with teenagers for help, most of them speaks at least some English. Turkish people are kind and helpful.

5- 2nd round elections this sunday. I am a member of Workers Party (TIP), and will be on duty on Sunday. That's why i am very busy this week. Current goverment get the parliament on 14th of May, in the first round. And Erdogan (current president) get 49% of votes (he needed 50) and the opposition leader got 44%. It was a little suprising, against the surveys. But anyway, Erogan will win this sunday 95% i believe. I will keep you informed. There was a little possibility of issues before first round, since there was the possibility of Erdogan's losing; but things are calm now. I will be on duty on Sunday from 6.00 am to 22.00. I will keep you informed. It will not be an issue for you, i believe.

6- I think i scared some of you about Fatih. Dont worry, it is safe but follow my advices; ones who are staying at Fatih contact me.

Thats all for now. I am not following the forum lately, but answering all the e-mails.
any questions: mail me.

cheers and congrats again
Kerem
Thank you Kerem, I take it this is the area you refer to….IMG_9597.jpeg

Thank you Kerem, I take it this is the area you refer to….View attachment 80535
yes. Besiktas Carsı (carsi means market). That's besiktas fans street also. Besiktas fans group is also called ''CARSI''. they are great guys. also see the besiktas square (right side, just below the letter ''u''). it is a great place to drink and chant.
cheers.

Is anyone heading to Sultan Ahmet on the friday night. Looks the best place for bars. Old town cobbled street type place. Taksim square looks more of a day place. I ve watched a you tube clip of liverpool fans there back in 2005 looks pretty shit tbh.
My hotel is located at Sultan Ahmet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.