Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

My hotel is located at Sultan Ahmet.
i am copying this msg that i sent to richard.

Hi Richard,
6-7 years ago there were beautiful english-irish pubs in sultanahmet area. I believe they still exists. that area changed a lot lately. but no nightlife there. but you may find good restaurants. restaurants are good everywhere in istanbul. but best pubs is in Besiktas and Kadıkoy. Besiktas, you may go by tram from sultanahmet. it is close. Last stop is at Kabatas, then you should walk 10-15 minutes to Besiktas. ( i was chatting with a fan a few minutes ago, who is staying also in Sultanahmet. There is KUMKAPI near sultanahmet. historical night life area (the historical taverns area). traditional turkish taverns, turkish music, turkish food. it is oriental, belly dancers probably, and turkish gipsy musicians. toursists like there a lot.nice place; you may visit if you like)
From sultanahmet, it easy to get to Kadıkoy.
1- i recommend this, take tram from sultanahmet, go to sirkeci (port is there), it is a few stops. then take the boat. it is a beautiful trip. Boat trip is 20 minutes. it is easy.
2- or you may go to Sirkeci again. Take Marmaray (main metro). Kadıkoy is 2 stops from there. You should get of at ''Ayrilık Cesmesi Stop''. then transfer to Kadıkoy metro there, 1 stop. it is easy. this was is faster. but i recommend the boat for a nice trip.
Kadıkoy parties till the morning. metro is closed after 00.00. so from kadıkoy at after 00.00 you should take a taxi. it is easy to find a taxi in kadıkoy.

SAW airport is in the asian side. it is far. take metro depending on the time of arrival ( i think no metro after 00.00)or take a cab. depending on your arrival and departure be very carefull about traffic. traffic is awful in istanbul. ask me for details.
cheers.

i am copying this msg that i sent to richard.

Hi Richard,
6-7 years ago there were beautiful english-irish pubs in sultanahmet area. I believe they still exists. that area changed a lot lately. but no nightlife there. but you may find good restaurants. restaurants are good everywhere in istanbul. but best pubs is in Besiktas and Kadıkoy. Besiktas, you may go by tram from sultanahmet. it is close. Last stop is at Kabatas, then you should walk 10-15 minutes to Besiktas. ( i was chatting with a fan a few minutes ago, who is staying also in Sultanahmet. There is KUMKAPI near sultanahmet. historical night life area (the historical taverns area). traditional turkish taverns, turkish music, turkish food. it is oriental, belly dancers probably, and turkish gipsy musicians. toursists like there a lot.nice place; you may visit if you like)
From sultanahmet, it easy to get to Kadıkoy.
1- i recommend this, take tram from sultanahmet, go to sirkeci (port is there), it is a few stops. then take the boat. it is a beautiful trip. Boat trip is 20 minutes. it is easy.
2- or you may go to Sirkeci again. Take Marmaray (main metro). Kadıkoy is 2 stops from there. You should get of at ''Ayrilık Cesmesi Stop''. then transfer to Kadıkoy metro there, 1 stop. it is easy. this was is faster. but i recommend the boat for a nice trip.
Kadıkoy parties till the morning. metro is closed after 00.00. so from kadıkoy at after 00.00 you should take a taxi. it is easy to find a taxi in kadıkoy.

SAW airport is in the asian side. it is far. take metro depending on the time of arrival ( i think no metro after 00.00)or take a cab. depending on your arrival and departure be very carefull about traffic. traffic is awful in istanbul. ask me for details.
cheers.

Thanks for all your inputs to this thread Kerem.

Just a quick one are there any bars going to be open by the time we return from the stadium ie 2am (ish)

Thanks for all your inputs to this thread Kerem.

Just a quick one are there any bars going to be open by the time we return from the stadium ie 2am (ish)
yes, besiktas pubs should be open till 4.00 am (i am not a regular Besiktas visitors, but i believe they are open)
Kadıkoy pubs is open till 4.00 am or later. again.
Taksim ''nevizade street''; again i am not a frequent visitor but they are open until 4.00 am again.

So, i recommend Besiktas or Kadıkoy after the game. It will be very crowded - both areas- since all the nightlife is there. you may have difficulties to find seats. :))) yes, that may be a problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.