Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

Is it true that we're being encouraged to use the shuttle buses to the ground and Inter to use the Metro?

Anyone know where the Fanzone will be, is it near the ground?
There’s a fan zone at Yenikapi with buses to the stadium and a fan zone at the stadium

As someone who visited Istanbul, my advice to a lot of you is stay vigilant.

There are a lot of scams going on there and read up about them before you go. Apart from that the city is nice and if you want to eat at the best place/food I have eaten then visit "zübeyir ocakbaşı restaurant"

Me and friends devoured the whole menu. The meat is probably the most tender/juicy I have ever had. My trip to Istanbul has made me not want to ever go back cause of the scams/people but I would go back just for this restaurant. Those damn lamb chops!

Anyway, good luck in the final!

I'm close to Masumiyet Müzesi, I assume this is a decent area! See you there.

Did you manage a ticket in the ballot out of interest?
Taksim region is very beautiful, but its structure has changed a little compared to the past. Be extra careful if possible on the side streets late at night.

I bought the ticket from the uefa pre-sale. I don't know if there will be city fans in my tribune :)

I've read a few reviews of different areas there are plenty of dodgy parts around taksim square too. We are in Fatih which apparently does have a rundown part but also a better part and doesn't everywhere no matter where you stay some parts or better than others. Found this video on Fatih and looks fine to me so I'm sticking with that.

I've read a few reviews of different areas there are plenty of dodgy parts around taksim square too. We are in Fatih which apparently does have a rundown part but also a better part and doesn't everywhere no matter where you stay some parts or better than others. Found this video on Fatih and looks fine to me so I'm sticking with that.

Ever seen the film Dusk Till Dawn ;-)
We're staying in Fatih,Hotel AK Royal,looks half decent.

There are a lot of scams going on there and read up about them before you go. Apart from that the city is nice and if you want to eat at the best place/food I have eaten then visit "zübeyir ocakbaşı restaurant"

Me and friends devoured the whole menu. The meat is probably the most tender/juicy I have ever had. My trip to Istanbul has made me not want to ever go back cause of the scams/people but I would go back just for this restaurant. Those damn lamb chops!

Is that near Taksim Sq?

As a city fan living in Istanbul, my suggestions to you are,

Kadıköy-Bağdat Street (places close to the Kadıköy area) is the most decent and safe area of Istanbul, where you can have a nice meal and a beer before the match and have a quiet and pleasant time. If you stay at the hotel in an area close to Bağdat Street (esp goztepe-erenköy and suadiye district), you can spend the whole day in wonderful restaurants and bars.
Alternatively, you can have a good time in the squares of Kadıköy and Beşiktaş, but these areas will be very crowded.
If you have questions about the regions, I can help.
I'll be in the stadium, I hope we win.
How busy do you expect traffic to be on the night after the game?

I'm staying in taksim square and need to be at sabiha airport for 7am on the Sunday.
Would you recommend a taxi from bitaxsi app to get to the airport?
I'll be on my own so don't want anything dodgy

Please could you elaborate more on some of the scams and problems you ran into so other fans have a better idea? This is not scaremongering but valued advice from someone who's been before. A lot of our lot get the day trip over or spend time in and around the Irish bar only, I have a feeling this place is going to be a lot bigger than expected and a completely different vibe to other Euro aways. Thanks.

I think they have released a lot more flights recently. Eg. Direct return from Stansted is £215 currently. Anything under £300 is great in my opinion!
I've just payed £350 from Stansted direct Thursday to Sunday good flight times..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.