Champions League Final | Istanbul Travel - Good to hear routes etc.

There are honestly too many to list. If you're in a big group then you're less likely to get pressured into giving money etc. If you're a small group then be careful cause they'll try to use force to be persuasive and make you pay them/intimidate you.

Common basic ones are someone shining your shoe and demanding you pay them money without you asking.

If you're at a bar, someone will offer to buy u a drink and then youll have a convo. They'll give some fake story about being a tourist or wanting friends (They'll seem genuine and believable). They'll invite u to have another drink but theyll take u to some dodgy bar and you'll get whacked with a £000 bill if you're lucky. If you're not then youll be drugged and wake up with stuff missing. They'll usually have a few big guys to intimidate you ad take you to withdraw the cash.

Theres also some who will do the same above but have a friend waiting to swipe something from you whilst youre distracted.

People will be coming up to u offering u drugs/women etc dont do it as its a scam. Theyll take u to some dodgy place like before or to a corner and try to mug you (Guns are more accessible in Turkey).

When I went, we went to a club after having a few drinks. They took us inside to what looked like a busy club but everyone was looking at us. We sat down and there were already food and drinks on the table. Women coming up to us etc. I realised that we didnt order anything.

I got up and told my friends to get up and leave. They tried to stop us but we didnt take anything. 3 large guys tried to get one of my friends in a room but I said I'll call the police and after a few mins we managed to leave.

Also be aware that theres no offical license for hard liquour. So beers are fine but dont drink vodkas/whiskey etc from shops because they are 99% of the time home brewed and can cost you a liver/your eyesight.

Oh and people tried to fight us on the day we're leaving cause they saw us with suitcases and started shouting at us about being able to leave Turkey or something.

I just didnt have a good experience with the people there who believed they were better than us. They were also super racist to my two black friends. There was just this general air of superiority they had/were trying to imply. I cba with that when Im on holiday and just want to relax/visit sights/ eat good food etc.
That's my brogues going back in the cupboard then.

Enjoy it. Also read up on the scams. Taksim square is one of the dodgiest places I went to but if you're aware and avoid the dodgy stuff you're golden. Also if you and the lads are on the piss and prefer hard liquour, buy it at the duty free!!!!

You never ever ever under any circumstances want to buy it from Turkey if you value your eyesight/liver. Beer is fine in Turkey.

Same in Albania and Greece (or most of Europe for that matter), you see the fuckers emptying it out of hooch tubs into glass bottles round the back of the bars. Avoid the paint stripper at all costs lads and stick on the bottled beers. Even then get a cup so you're not drinking rat piss off the bottle lol. Us Brits have strong immune systems, should be able to stand up to some of this Turk muck.

There are honestly too many to list. If you're in a big group then you're less likely to get pressured into giving money etc. If you're a small group then be careful cause they'll try to use force to be persuasive and make you pay them/intimidate you.

Common basic ones are someone shining your shoe and demanding you pay them money without you asking.

If you're at a bar, someone will offer to buy u a drink and then youll have a convo. They'll give some fake story about being a tourist or wanting friends (They'll seem genuine and believable). They'll invite u to have another drink but theyll take u to some dodgy bar and you'll get whacked with a £000 bill if you're lucky. If you're not then youll be drugged and wake up with stuff missing. They'll usually have a few big guys to intimidate you ad take you to withdraw the cash.

Theres also some who will do the same above but have a friend waiting to swipe something from you whilst youre distracted.

People will be coming up to u offering u drugs/women etc dont do it as its a scam. Theyll take u to some dodgy place like before or to a corner and try to mug you (Guns are more accessible in Turkey).

When I went, we went to a club after having a few drinks. They took us inside to what looked like a busy club but everyone was looking at us. We sat down and there were already food and drinks on the table. Women coming up to us etc. I realised that we didnt order anything.

I got up and told my friends to get up and leave. They tried to stop us but we didnt take anything. 3 large guys tried to get one of my friends in a room but I said I'll call the police and after a few mins we managed to leave.

Also be aware that theres no offical license for hard liquour. So beers are fine but dont drink vodkas/whiskey etc from shops because they are 99% of the time home brewed and can cost you a liver/your eyesight.

Oh and people tried to fight us on the day we're leaving cause they saw us with suitcases and started shouting at us about being able to leave Turkey or something.

I just didnt have a good experience with the people there who believed they were better than us. They were also super racist to my two black friends. There was just this general air of superiority they had/were trying to imply. I cba with that when Im on holiday and just want to relax/visit sights/ eat good food etc.
Cheers for this mate. Think I’ll just get a crate of Efes, spend all weekend in the Airbnb I’ve booked, and watch the match on the box!

Cheers for this mate. Think I’ll just get a crate of Efes, spend all weekend in the Airbnb I’ve booked, and watch the match on the box!
I know you're being sarcastic but the image made me laugh. Go out enjoy it but just be careful.

I know somebody who is on holiday in Cyprus but is flying in to Turkey from there.

They are then flying directly home from Turkey back to Manchester.

She has been told they will be banned from Cyprus for three years as a result.

Don't think she cares, but a new one on me!

They only have regular yellow taxis in the system. Not normal car or van service like other countries. İ live in istanbul, trust me:)
Is that the bitaski I looked at downloading the app but doesn't have good reviews on the playstore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.