Champions League Final Liverpool v Spurs

Liverpool finished one point behind City last season, and but for a matter of millimetres that could have been reversed, so if you don't think they are a great team, then by your own standards, neither are this City team. Which by the way, as a neutral is utter fucking nonsense. Those who are demeaning this Liverpool team on here are no better than the same idiots who do it to City on RAWK and need to grow up.

Last nights game was poor, agreed, but i think that was mainly due to the early Liverpool goal meaning that they never really got out of 3rd / 4th gear. This Liverpool and this City team will go on and have a few more years of fighting out between each other for the major honours, which as a football fan is going to be great, and i can see City coming out on top more often than not.
Who do you support?,we won the treble so we are the best team by any standards,they dived ,cheate dhad 4 keepers chuck it in and had 15 offside goals given,they are a lucky team not necessarily a great team,let's revisit after a season of nowhere near that amount of luck

Last edited:
Who do you support?,we won the treble so we are the best team by any standards,they dived ,cheatedhad 4 keepers chuck it in and had 16 offside goals given,they are a lucky team not necessarily a great time,let's revisit after a season of nowhere near that amount of luck
I love your optimism for next season, but if you think VAR will hinder them, no chance. The wheels will already be turning on Scudamore's plan.

I love your optimism for next season, but if you think VAR will hinder them, no chance. The wheels will already be turning on Scudamore's plan.
I have argued for VAR until the decisions we have had against us and the for the llorente goal and that one last night,i can see how it can manipulate things ,whether they do it on purpose we'll see,the dippers won't get as much luck next season i'm sure of that though

I have argued for VAR until the decisions we have had against us and the for the llorente goal and that one last night,i can see how it can manipulate things ,whether they do it on purpose we'll see,the dippers won't get as much luck next season i'm sure of that though
As far as I am aware, VAR is not independently overseen. You have the Referee, Assistant, VAR ref all employed by the PiGMOL, then you have the TV company all involved in the decision.

We've already seen the selective use of highlights by the likes of the BBC on MOTD. How many times have you been to a City game then watched the highlights on BBC to think 'F*ck me; I'm watching a different game'? Really useful when they want to highlight an incident, such as getting one of our players banned before a big game. Other incidents that get glossed over, or completely omitted from the highlight package, like knee high over the ball scythes on our players.

They'll do exactly the same with VAR - Show only the highlights that gives the decision (or non-decision) that they want.

Oh, and imagine by sheer coincidence the camera feed going down at the exact moment a handball decision goes to VAR and the ref can't see it clearly so gives it as a goal.

On top of that, the referee (or VAR ref if they think the ref has missed something) decides what goes to VAR. If the ref and VAR ref are under the same 'instructions', the outcome will be the same.

VAR can and will be manipulated.

As far as I am aware, VAR is not independently overseen. You have the Referee, Assistant, VAR ref all employed by the PiGMOL, then you have the TV company all involved in the decision.

We've already seen the selective use of highlights by the likes of the BBC on MOTD. How many times have you been to a City game then watched the highlights on BBC to think 'F*ck me; I'm watching a different game'? Really useful when they want to highlight an incident, such as getting one of our players banned before a big game. Other incidents that get glossed over, or completely omitted from the highlight package, like knee high over the ball scythes on our players.

They'll do exactly the same with VAR - Show only the highlights that gives the decision (or non-decision) that they want.

Oh, and imagine by sheer coincidence the camera feed going down at the exact moment a handball decision goes to VAR and the ref can't see it clearly so gives it as a goal.

On top of that, the referee (or VAR ref if they think the ref has missed something) decides what goes to VAR. If the ref and VAR ref are under the same 'instructions', the outcome will be the same.

VAR can and will be manipulated.

I'm with you brother

That is the problem with the whole competition you don't have to be champions of your country to win it. It should be just for the all the champions to compete.
I'd be happy enough if we never win it for reason I won't go in to.
The competition, the organisation is corrupt and designed to protect the elite.
And as I am not a hypocrite myself if we did win it after finishing 4th I'd put it beneath the charity shield by some distance.

Tottenham Hotspur are not the elite and managed to get to the final.
Premier league is the same tho isn't it the same teams at the top with the exception of the Leicester year , not complaining mind glad we are there.
Sure your last remark was just in jest , yourvnot that daft bit like saying you would rather win a pound than a million.
Don't let UEFA bother you mate .I don't they have bern chewed spat out crushed under foot and binned.now 2 miles underground in a landfill site in outer Mongolia .
Up the blues .Istanbul here we come.
CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 2020 MCFC

So you would class Chelsea 2012 and Liverpool 2005 as the best team in Europe on those occasions? The way I see it if you don’t win your league either the season before a champions league trophy or the same season then you are a bit lucky, like a lot of knockout tournament winners.

I wouldn't class them as the best teams in Europe yes that's correct but they would still be champions of Europe .same way if City slipped up against either Burnley of Leicester in the latter game nacho could have scored late on , then Liverpool would have won the league , but in my mind City are the best team even tho Liverpool would be champions thankfully it never happened like s lot of games it's all iifs s and buts. Thankffully the ifs and buts went our way the last few games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.