Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

I'll explain it to you.
We have gone out of the Champions League three times due to the referee we had tonight making the wrong decisions against us.
This referee has a long history of being against Pep Guardiola and against Manchester City.
Pep looked at this and realised every tackle, every bit of pressure will result in a free kick against us (at best).
With this in mind Pep decided to pick a team that were better at keeping possession rather than winning it back as that was the least likely to result in freekicks, penaltys, red cards against us.
He decided that due to the above it was sensible to pick Sterling rather than Fernandinho as that minimises the risks of red cards but allows Sterling's pace to keep James pinned back, thus negating one of their biggest threats.
Foden and De Bruyne were then allowed to roam up front in the hopes that this would then pull their back 5 out of position a little allowing us to exploit the space somewhat.
Hope this helps.
Ah cheers Pep.

With that in mind, I’ll never understand why Pep chose the team he did there.

Sam was right: That was a horror show, from selection to performances. But put the players in situations they're not so comfortable in and what do you expect?
As I've said a few times tonight, both Fernadinho and Rodri started against Chelsea in the FAC - if he'd picked them and we'd lost everybody would be saying exactly the same thing as they are tonight.

Everyone is going completely over the top over a shit cup we all hated until recently. There was one goal, one shot in it and we came up against a very good defence. There's no guarantee we would have won, or not lost by a higher margin if he'd played a different team. Had Foden's chance not been blocked we might have been telling a very different story, it's just fine margins that all.

Name 1 player tonight who created an
Opportunity and made the keeper make a save??

No point splitting feathers, pep and the players are equally to blame.

Bad night all around. Learn and come back stronger. I honestly did not expect us to win anything this season due to squad personal, Covid and the Scousers playing so well.

Credit to Pep and the players for winning another 2 trophies during a torrid year.The unbeaten run was amazing but tonight we finish the season as we started. Squad needs a refresh for us to push on again. We lost a lot of legends recently which cannot be ignored.

its a cruel world and the pain of losing somebody is far more important that a game of football
covid-19 is cruel and to many lives have been taken by this virus. but the truth is sport and football have been asked to give the people hope. but in sport there is winner and losers and its never nice losing

for me am grateful for manchester city giving me more ups than downs this season. but the truth is i never once though about the losers and how it feels to lose ? well tonight i know it hurts like hell and not nice

True. But this "holier than thou" mindset that we, the peasantry, loyal City support, would dare to question the decision, lest we be labelled as "non-City supporters" by the Bluemoon masses, is becoming rather irksome.

Can we not just be disappointed by tonights result whilst being three sheets to the wind?

We got beat by Chelsea in the full members cup you spoilt ****, this is progress

Actually we scored A few in that so who knows

In Pep we trust

Feel sorry fir pep. Wish he’d picked ferna not sterling. That way it would have been just a bad day for our best team. Now it’s on his pick and we are blaming him and forgetting the trophies and football we have played because we are all gutted about the champions league.
I think ferna brings confidence, both to attackers and defenders, so maybe it contributed to lack of confidence today. Sad end to magic season, look back on our trophies in last ten years, hope we get Kane or someone up front and go again next season..DEFINITELY With PEP

What fucking manager consults with the fans about what team to pick? Jesus fucking Christ this place at times. Chelsea where excellent if that foden shiot isn’t blocked by rudiger we are 1 0 up and pep is a genius. It’s football against a top side. it happens
Not sure you watched all the game to make these comments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.