Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

You need to look up the word nuanced mate you are using it wrong. What does even half of what Pep has achieved actually mean?

Still waiting on your answer.

Pep Out over tonight's result, or is the domestic progress (and European progress you've failed to accept) enough to keep him in your estimation?

So pep has won 10 trophies in 4 1/2 seasons as our manager. Who do you think could be brought in that could do say 5 trophies in the same time but also deliver the CL?

Class player a player whom deserves more respect on this board.
Not from me. For me he's contributed to city going out of every champions League competition in the pep era. Notably when pep picked him ahead of Kevin for the first leg against spurs. A total waste of a player

With all respect, I disagree. That team selection was ALL about the referee.
Pep has made weird selections in the past but I've always been able to match that to negating the way the opposition play, even when it didn't work out.
Tonight was all about negating the way the ref likes to control the game.
Both were maybe the wrong approach but there's no way anyone can convince me tonight's selection and hesitancy to close down and put a tackle in were nothing to do with our experiences with Lahoz in the past.
I'm sorry mate, but we'll have to agree to disagree. Why would we play a CDM against Everton in a dead rubber match, but not one tonight?

If it was about retaining possession & passing accuracy, hasn't Rodri got the highesr stats in our squad for that? So why wasn't he or General Fernandinho selected from the outset. It's not like they're not capable of retaining possession, or are poor passers.

Tonight, Pep did as I feared he might, & set us up to fail by disrespecting Chelsea & not picking a CDM. in that respect, we got exactly what I feared we would. It wasn't a pre-match guess on my behalf, I've been saying the same since we reached the final & Pep came with that weird formation against Chelsea the next match! :-(

Can people stop saying we played a different formation tonight? We played the same we have played for months but asked Gundogan to play a different role. It was our normal formation
Sums team selection up, if you really think that then why Gundo before Rodri or Ferdi , both better in that position

Can people stop saying we played a different formation tonight? We played the same we have played for months but asked Gundogan to play a different role. It was our normal formation
I literally don't understand people saying we played a different system.

We played our normal 442 double false 9 with Kevn aind Phil up top, and Gundogan and Bernie as a midfield pair. All four of them had played in those positions many times this season.

Everybody else has also played in those positions only.

Pep didn't change that much that people think, you can be upset about Dinho not starting, but that doesn't change the game, and make us all of a sudden win it.

Anyways, get the frustrations out and try to get a normal sleep.

Fair enough, it was still 10 of our strongest 11 though.

It’s not like the Lyon side he put out which was a complete fuck up.
What is Chelsea's main attacking threat? Running with pace from deep. ABsolutely our defence needed cover. I said to my family watching that this was kamikaze football and we'll lose this and we did.

You're not wrong. Would I have picked Sterling? No. Not a chance. When he did play was he better than our other 6 attackers? Yes. This is all on Peps selection though, not Sterling.
Better????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.