Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

It changed everything. By putting Sterling in, it meant Fernandinho didn't play. Then, not only was Sterling ineffective, but, he took the place where Foden had been excelling, and therefore in the 1st half in particular, Foden was negated. He barely had a touch.
The fluency of the team had gone; we never put any real pressure on Chelsea - the opposite happened. They looked very comfortable when they got the ball. We had minimal shots on goal. And, there was no defensive shield in front of Stones and Diaz. A hole opened up where Havertz danced through for the goal.
That one player choice made ALL the difference, and I think that thousands of City fans across the globe will have feared exactly that when we saw the team selection.
Pep changed a winning formula - again - and came up short.
So bloody frustrating. But, a double - including the premier league - is a hell of consolation, thank goodness.
Good points,but it seems to be a habit now when he has time to think things over he fucks up the formation and line ups in certain game,tonight was the tip of the iceberg on that,although some of the players looked overawed by the final/occasio as well ..

Saw the lineup, saw a difference to PSG and immediately had that negative reaction like Lyon.

I thought maybe Pep had nailed it when I pondered the lineup. Press them so they never turn and get that ball in behind but if that was the idea it didn't work and you don't force a team to play differently in a final unless there is a clear gulf in class against you, where defensive tactics would be justified.

The players didn't know how to press or where to be and the overloading in midfield was such a risk on the turnover of possession.

He got us to the final but he lost it too. However, he has been brilliant overall and a big summer of recruitment should see us take that final step very soon.

Gutted about tonight but the league title win softens it. You can't win them all but we should have won this one. How is it we cant beat English teams in Europe?!

In reflection just so disappointing so many players were below their best , pointing the finger at Pep for the tactics is a fair comment , but nearly all our team couldnt control and pass the ball with pace , and that is our game.
Tuchel had Chelski organised and determined to stop us and every credit to them , by far the better team on the night and 0-1 flattered us, it could have been far worse if they had a decent finisher.

Got to be Ferguson ruthless from now on.
Sterling should not of started.

Have you got the balls Pep?

you failed, but can you accept you got it wrong, or as a city fan i can wank over your mistakes?
Or the trophies you've already won?

Pep out thought himself again in the CL, some people on here don't believe he does that though, and they are deluded. Every game either Rodri or Fern start, but not tonight, a very strange decision. Chelsea were easily the most dangerous team, and could have scored a couple more. Everyone knows how Chelsea play 3 at the back, 2 defensive mids, and we play 2 inverted wingers and condense everything into the middle playing to Chelsea's strength, not great tactically.
Did baconface visit pep at our hotel ffs ..

If, and I say if, Pep got it wrong it was asking the team to play a system they hadn’t played for a long time so they went in having to think rather than relax. He moved Gundogan back and Foden centrally instead of left which I don’t get but he will have had his reasons.

We may have lost anyway it would be nice to know though.

I’m still awaiting your answers sunshine how can a great manager get beat five seasons on the trot by poorer teams. Progress pmsl.

In your own time fella.

Teams always lose against "poorer" teams, that's football. Every club in every league experiences this to a degree.

Now your turn. Pep Out over tonight or does the domestic domination actually count for something?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.