Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

It hurts like a bastard that we didn't win, but tonight will give our players an extra steel and determination that makes me think we might do great things next season.

So what is he. Doesn't provide assists. Doesn't support the defence. Doesn't provide creative play
17 goals. Wins more duels than he loses, nearly 2000 passes. It's not his fault tonight. It is on PEP for not playing proper teams against Chelsea in the previous 2 games to work them out and for fucking with the system.

Difficult to know. They have a system that works well against us. I don’t know but I think it may have worked had Pep not introduced a different formation which I do feel may have backfired. We will never know.
Exactly that.

Here's why it mattered that we played properly against Chelsea in the two run up games (which a lot of people think didn't matter). It would have showed how to beat them with the players that were going to play. Imagine we play our best 11 and get stifled like tonight - it makes you think. Then you get a 2nd chance - and you tinker then. It's experience against a common opponent. If you don't think it matters then fine - it's your opinion, but you'ld rather spar someone twice before the real fight to know their strengths
We got ourselves in a rut v Leeds, Chelsea x 2 by chopping and changing and losing games. We could have won the prem by 20 points but in the end we limped over the line because shit others were over the full season.
All the chopping and changing certainly never helped in the long term goal, did it !!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.