Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Can't win them all, so so marginal. They got the goal, we didnt. VAR robbed us of a penalty, they defended superbly. They played every trick in the book.
You're clutching at straws if you're depending on that penalty claim.

In reflection just so disappointing so many players were below their best , pointing the finger at Pep for the tactics is a fair comment , but nearly all our team couldnt control and pass the ball with pace , and that is our game.
Tuchel had Chelski organised and determined to stop us and every credit to them , by far the better team on the night and 0-1 flattered us, it could have been far worse if they had a decent finisher.
We gambled on getting the first goal and drawing Chelsea out. Left us wide open to the counter attack. Switched off when our players left the pitch. What did Pep say ?

Agree 100%. I said back when we lost to them in the FAC I had a horrible feeling that they were going to screw up our perfect season, and I knew as soon as they got to the final that we were up against it. Tuchel has done wonders since he took over, two major trophies and a 4th place finish? How would they have done if he's been in charge from the start? He made it to the CL final last year with a different team, then left PSG and they lost the league title for the first time in years.

Few people on here (if any) are giving them enough credit. The only thing I'm wondering is why so many of tonight's posters are not top football managers. Quite disturbing to read most of tonight's posts, I thought we were better thlan this. We weren't this bitter when we were crap, what changed?

I'll say it again, look in the post histories - most of these twats thought we'd be "lucky" to make top 6 in December.

Now we've won the title, made our first CL final, and it's not good enough. Pep out and all that. Absolute rubbish.

And one of the main reasons we go out every year in the champions League. Offers absolutely nothing. Kante had him in his pocket all day along with several others
Because we hung him out to dry. He's a fantastic attacking mid. Play him in a defensive role on his own and like anyone is surprised he got reamed

As I've said a few times tonight, both Fernadinho and Rodri started against Chelsea in the FAC - if he'd picked them and we'd lost everybody would be saying exactly the same thing as they are tonight.

Everyone is going completely over the top over a shit cup we all hated until recently. There was one goal, one shot in it and we came up against a very good defence. There's no guarantee we would have won, or not lost by a higher margin if he'd played a different team. Had Foden's chance not been blocked we might have been telling a very different story, it's just fine margins that all.
Dude, it's quite simple. If we'd have picked the same team vs Chelsea as we did vs PSG, tonight would have been a different result. Our mentality was all wrong too.

Last Sunday, everyone from Pep down to the tea lady was too giddy for my liking, because our season was far from over. There's nothing worse than having to pick yourself up, to go again. It's always better to maintain momentum, & since we reached the final, that's what we failed to do.

I love Pep, & wouldn't swap him for the world, but he's got previous for what happened tonight.

What nonsense. Gundogan has been one our best players all season. Potential POTY candidate. And Rodri has been brilliant barring a couple of wobbles lately.
POTY my ---. Garbage player. Can't attack can't defend can't assist can't shoot. A passenger who gets into the team because he's peps neighbor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.