Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

How can you be sure without seeing a proper replay? If it's not a penalty, then why not show us the footage?

It feels like a cover up. I just want to know the truth. At the moment I feel like we're been screwed by VAR can someone get proper footage? I want to know whether to boo at future CL games ;-)
It simply wasn't a penalty. They showed two replays. Hey, I'm with you on the conspiracy - but this time we aint got a leg to stand on.

Not only did Pep make a mistake in his starting line-up, he failed to correct whilst he still had time.Obviousafter 20 mins we were going to concede. There was no effective DM.

Coaches like Dyche, Hodgson, Rodgers will have looked at that and just been stunned that the coach did not do what he should have done. Pep must have an ego problem. That's a problem. You put yourself and your pride before your players.
Did you just suggest that Sean Dyche is a better coach than Pep? Oh dear.

I have seen the game again until the Chelsea scored damn IT. City had some bangers Chelsea just had the Werner shot which was easily saved by Ederson at minute 13(same as Mahrez Cross was saved by Mendy in at minute 33 and) and 35 seconds later Werner after another mistake in possession by City the chance in which shot against the outside of the net. But Foden‘s big big chance which was saved in last second by Rüdiger (would lead instantly into a GOAL) and Sterlings pass which was intercepted by Chilwell (last second) when Mahrez was running into a box and had a 1vs1 vs Mendy damn IT... and the goal was clearly avoidable ffs.

Any player quotes yet? I wonder what they think after this. after such a consistent CL run this final must be a real slap on the face.

Not only did Pep make a mistake in his starting line-up, he failed to correct whilst he still had time.Obviousafter 20 mins we were going to concede. There was no effective DM.

Coaches like Dyche, Hodgson, Rodgers will have looked at that and just been stunned that the coach did not do what he should have done. Pep must have an ego problem. That's a problem. You put yourself and your pride before your players.
For me this was the worst thing all night, as you say it was clear after the first 20 minutes that the formation wasn't working. As hard as it may have been the decision to make the change should have happened then.

That’s what makes it so hard to take. We didn’t give everything on the pitch tonight, mainly because of our manager. This will take a lot to get over. We’ve dominated domestically, this was our chance to cement ourselves as one of the best teams this country has ever seen. Pep fucked it tonight.
It is hard to take.

I suppose it is another season of Pep talking up the Rags in every fucking Derby as a big club, with lots, and lots of history.

That shit would have ended tonight with us being European Champions our Club would have been even bigger than his ego.

Thought crossed my mind would an egotistical narcist want that to happen.

As things stand now we are still lucky to have him, and have not achieved the true greatness we desire..

Apologies maybe I am thinking a bit irrationally, i am struggling to comprehend and make sense of that team selection. I can not help feeling like he deliberately set us up to fail tonight.

Let's get this right. We've been the best side in England over the last 10 years. Yet we've frozen repeatedly on the European stage.
Tonight was a piss poor performance.
Oh yeah. we were fucking garbage tonight. The problem is, after 15 mins you know whether we're going to win and the next 75 minutes are fucking beautiful or heartache.

The goal came down our right and the centre halves were all at sea. Our front 6, plus subs, then failed to trouble their goalkeeper for 97 minutes.

So blame the left back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.