Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Been waiting for a while and cannot see the main reason why we conceded tonight...Zinchenko .....I really think he's been reading the newspapers recently and how he has "arrived"....any good defender would have got goalside and stopped the opportunity .....so why has nobody mentioned this....to be fair Ederson handballed and if they had not scored we would have been down to 10 so thank you Zinchenko !!! If we get an offer in the summer let me know and i will drive him to the new club
Any good defender?

He's a midfielder filling in at left back.

Sadly tonight proved what many of us have suspected over the last several months. Raheem is simply not good enough at the highest level. We need a proper striker for next season...Kane or Haaland would make a massive difference to our team.

yea it looked like we were going to concede after there balls over the top to werner kept opening us up, and our poor positioning from our cbs. Should have been addressed.
We absolutely knew that would be Chelsea's approach. Should have been more prepared for it.

Devastated. Why again does Pep have this blind spot on big games. Surely he need to be held to account within the coaching staff and challenged accordingly. “ thinking about playing sterling and no CDM boys, what you think?”.... eh no you stupid ****, play the team we know is our best. Fuck me man
This 100%

You'll get no argument from me that we were shite, but systems matter - otherwise why have a fucking manager? And he fucked up the system and we all know it.
Realistically he may of been one off in the selection ,but there was enough out there to deal with it, they knew the 11,who they were playing, the tactics, it turns to shit if you play badly,we did. And let's not forget Chelsea were good on the night.

How can you be sure without seeing a proper replay? If it's not a penalty, then why not show us the footage?

It feels like a cover up. I just want to know the truth. At the moment I feel like we're been screwed by VAR can someone get proper footage? I want to know whether to boo at future CL games ;-)
They showed a replay and the ball clearly hit his arm but only after deflecting off his body, as such it was unintentional and not a penalty under the latest rules.

Correct decision.

How can you be sure without seeing a proper replay? If it's not a penalty, then why not show us the footage?

It feels like a cover up. I just want to know the truth. At the moment I feel like we're been screwed by VAR can someone get proper footage? I want to know whether to boo at future CL games ;-)
They showed it back on tv. Not conclusive but I don't think it was a penalty.

Any player quotes yet? I wonder what they think after this. after such a consistent CL run this final must be a real slap on the face.
I bet Zinchencko, who was shattered after the game, gathers himself together probably called is wife and said, not a word out of you. I don't care the context. Yes, he over thought it again. But I better not hear you said something about it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.