Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Do you think:

Laporte will want to leave (far too good to be back up and overlooked for the biggest club game in the world) ?

Cancelo will want to leave (had a mostly exceptional season in the inverted full back role - overlooked last night) ?

Rodri will want to leave (despite the non-stop grumbles from fans, has played well this season) ?
Why will Rodri leave?

Cancelo has played well for 2/3 months in two seasons.

Laporte I think could well go and that's not good.

Sterling may leave, maybe we have seen the best of him in blue, but who would want him that could afford the fee and wages?

Just thinking about this time next season, when we're in the final, and another 25/30,000 of us will probably make the trip. I'm thinking about that pre match moment when we get the team selection. At that point, we'll probably know - again - whether it will be our year, at last, or whether we've wasted a our money.
I want to go, but, I'm not sure I could deal with it if I was there and this were to happen again.
Lot of assumptions there, could be 10 years before we make another Final!

We had a defensive midfielder in the cup semi and we still struggled to create chances. We just have to accept that Chelsea are a very good team under Tuchel. Chelsea knew they had to defend well but like last time they would get a few chances and they took 1 of them. We never looked like scoring, in the first half we got battered whereas we dominated the second half but had less shots... Chelsea controlled the game perfectly.

I think we lacked a striker but a striker with presence to allow our midfield to drop deeper away from Kante and their wall of defenders. Instead they had a field day, they could mark the space around Phil and Kev, Bernardo had a poor game and didn't really get anywhere.

After that we are reliant on our wide play but Sterling didn't get a sniff past James and Mahrez was the same. Jesus started to have an effect later on but that's after Chelsea changed things to block it up. Our best player for me was Walker, he was our main attack really!
In the cup the starting 11 was heterogeneous, yesterday it was about starting with the best 11 maybe againt PSG. Losing 2 games in row gave chelsea confidence.

For me if you want to have more chances of success, you need to play your best 11 which means., 11 players who played together and flourished in their positions.

I think Guardiola was nervous before the game, i don't know what he told the players but they seemed lethargic.

The game was just above average from both sides.

As for Chelsea, Tuchel will get sacked like Di Mateo, i simply can see them maintaining a form (with style of play) over 38 games

Guardiola. Great manager?
Fantastic coach. Always improves players, but not a great manager. He's On the verge but he always overthinks it in the critical CL games and his tactical changes are generally ineffective - for example his subs are always too late when we're behind, no matter the competition.

Can't believe how many posts I'm reading complaining about Pep "tinkering".

We beat PSG with a 4-4-2 low block and two counter attacks. We never play like that. Where were the people saying he should have played the strongest team the same way as usual then?

The year Leicester won the league Pellegrini played the same way he always did against them at home and we went to the ground knowing we'd be set up all wrong for them, with Demichelis in a high line. No surprise we lost. Everyone complained about that then.

The adjustment last night made sense but it didn't work. Fair fucks to Chelsea, they executed their game plan well.

The sense of entitlement is a joke. You won't know how lucky we are to have Pep until he's gone.

I do agree, but it doesn't alter the fact of the non performance, maybe it was peps take on third time lucky against them,? Who knows, but I'll argue that was a good enough 11 to beat anybody, we just didn't perform.
It was a good enough 11 to beat most, but if we're playing a final, we play the 11 best equipped to beat all. We did so against Dortmund & PSG & got the rewards we deserved.

With everyone available yesterday, someone please explain the need to change that more solid approach? :-|

Chelsea were in the same boat 2008 and won in it 2012. I think there’s a real chance we win it next season.
But even if we do get to the final next season playing stellar football, Pep will not select the team we hope and expect. He will always change a winning team - it's in his DNA and is one of the reasons he's won so many trophies. When it works it's amazing. Last night it left us wide open.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.